Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: YouTube video critical of "Modern CQB methods"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by darr3239 View Post
    Good point. If we could control You Tube and all the other sites with videos and info., we would be in better shape.
    да товариш!

Свободы слова грязные!

поддержка великой партии Ленина!

Or maybe you want something from our past? OK, "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin, February 1775.

On the topic, I agree with the above statements. This person was fast to point out the weaknesses with the Western EBCR techniques, but offered little or no ideas on how they would improve them. Furthermore, the person has little or no understanding of the basic doctrine which governs the methods we use for EBCR.
    Last edited by decodeddiesel; 10-12-11 at 13:53.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    F2S: I am, curious have you received any training from anyone espousing the "counter supination" method? I'd seen it before from folks who weren't doing it correctly, and I will say it works better then I thought once I learned it correctly. As I noted earlier I am not sold on it for anything and everything, but I have found utility in it on occasion.

-Jenrick

Feedback Score
    Time and place deal. There is a time and place for a lot of things. We utilize variations of pretty much everything seen or mentioned in this thread. Of course some more than others and there are positives and negatives to everything but knowing the time and place for something to be utilized is generally the key to success. Since there are positives and negatives to all techniques, pointing out the negatives on any technique to spin it in a way to make it sound bad is easy to do. I can just as easily do the same thing about the techniques that they are espousing as "THE" way of doing things. What I really dislike is when someone says our way is "THE" way, because in this business there are many ways to skin that proverbial cat. Again some may be better than others but the situation can change at any given moment which might make one method better than another at any given time.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jenrick View Post
    F2S: I am, curious have you received any training from anyone espousing the "counter supination" method? I'd seen it before from folks who weren't doing it correctly, and I will say it works better then I thought once I learned it correctly. As I noted earlier I am not sold on it for anything and everything, but I have found utility in it on occasion.

-Jenrick
    Yes.
    We never called it that though.
    Was not from LE channels, and done correctly it works very well in applicable situations. There is no one-size fits all, and very few one size fits most. Time is a critical component, as is training standard. Poorly trained dudes trying to execute the most applicable techniques will still suffer.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Anyone can stage a video or snipe at a particular method of doing anything- whether it be making meat loaf or clearing a building.

The difference is that some people actually come up with ideas. Any who has done CQB will tell you it is extremely difficult and there are dozens of variables that can come into play.

One thing I can tell you from that one video is this. I am not in any hurry to be standing in a doorway whether it be for 30 seconds or 3 seconds. Their stuff seemed very "choreographed" and in real life two guys standing in a door way and trying to move through it can be an accident waiting to happen.

Adding some cool music to your video doesn't make your technique any better. Another thing- try doing that shit on a ship. Ain't happening.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    Anyone can stage a video or snipe at a particular method of doing anything- whether it be making meat loaf or clearing a building.

The difference is that some people actually come up with ideas. Any who has done CQB will tell you it is extremely difficult and there are dozens of variables that can come into play.
    Like I always say, "It's easy to criticize... and in some peoples cases, fun too"

You can run shoot houses in controlled scenarios all day long, but when the time comes to apply room clearing/CQB skills in the field, every freaking structure you run into is a mess of hallways full of open doors.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Another thing- try doing that shit on a ship. Ain't happening.
    Ah, fond memories of VBSS training, haha

Thanks for that
    Dave Merrill
    Terrible Technical Writer. Awful Photographer. Lazy Instructor. Kind of a dick.
    Loves Tacos.

Feedback Score
    Any who has done CQB will tell you it is extremely difficult and there are dozens of variables that can come into
    Very very true!!!!!
    "In the end, it is not about the hardware, it's about the "software". Amateurs talk about hardware (equipment), professionals talk about software (training and mental readiness)" Lt. Col. Dave Grossman. On Combat

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    OK, I watched the video, twice. Some of his comments or questions are correct, many are not. There are too many variables in the video and questions we don't have answers to.

On the LEO side I had clear your corners drilled into my head for years. While taking MOUT pre deployment the USMC hammered about the fatal funnel to the front. I don't think anyone on the LEO side was ever saying ignore the front. I've never been trained to ignore an immediate threat.

Unknown structure, take the strong side wall. Number 1 is never wrong, his teammates make him look good. Unfortunately the bad guys have different ideas.

A smooth entry is a thing to watch. It's like pouring water into a rats maze turned on end, it flows. The smooth flow is based on working together for many, many months or even years together.

Knowing when to go dynamic to systematic clear, call out, gas, or bangs are all just parts of the puzzle. Many times entry might be delayed for hours depending on the nature of the call. The training videoed might not be dealing with any of those.

I've trained using pairs, run the walls, single stack, double stack, diamond clear. They all have their place depending on the threat, the structure, the team, timeline, is it a dope warrant, hazardous arrest, or even true hostage rescue.

One thing is a given. You will be in a position to get hurt if you are taking someone elses structure by force and they don't want you to. You cannot eliminate every possible threat area without putting someone on harms way.
    "The peace we have within us is most often expressed in how we treat others"

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I have no formal training. But I have seen the DVDs of all the "pros". From that I can gather that there is no one way to do something and there isn't just 1 tool for the job. As far as this stuff leaked on the internet. If it has been recorded you can almost bet anything that you can find it online.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast