Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 9mm revolver

Feedback Score
    Before I forget- some of the early 940s had less than optimal chambers, and wouldn't chamber some factory loads. Most got sent back to Smiff, and the chambers & throats were recut. If you have one, double-check your ammo before relying on it. I'm sure everbody here does this anyway, but it's something that needs to be said out loud every once in a while.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by anachronism View Post
    Before I forget- some of the early 940s had less than optimal chambers, and wouldn't chamber some factory loads. Most got sent back to Smiff, and the chambers & throats were recut. If you have one, double-check your ammo before relying on it. I'm sure everbody here does this anyway, but it's something that needs to be said out loud every once in a while.

Mine didn't get re-cut, it got trashed, by S&W, as they could not fix the gun at the factory after two trips back. This is how I got my first 642.
    I humbly submit that if S&W couldn't get the 940 right that it may not be possible to get it right.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tpd223 View Post
    Mine didn't get re-cut, it got trashed, by S&W, as they could not fix the gun at the factory after two trips back. This is how I got my first 642.
    I humbly submit that if S&W couldn't get the 940 right that it may not be possible to get it right.
    I don't think that was it. I think that when the 940 came out, there just weren't enough customers willing to pay for one, to justify getting it right. I doubt there are today either.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345