Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shopping for a new .22LR

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaSierra View Post

I can recommend the 10/22 sights that Tech-Sight makes. I have seen thousands of rounds put down range using the 10/22 sights, and they are good to go.
    Agree, I have the Tech Sights on one of my three 10/22's, and they are outstanding. I have a bull barrel and I used red loctite per their suggestion to permanently affix the dovetailed adapter onto the end of the bull barrel so I could mount the front sight (which by default, is only set up for factory sporter barrels). The adapter worked great, main thing to be aware of is to ensure that your rifle and the mounted dovetail adapter are level before the loctite sets!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake'sDad View Post

Easy to put Williams aperture sights on many of them.
    I'm getting my money's worth in this thread. :-)

One last point, I agree that if you can't or don't want to install the Tech Sights on a 10/22, Williams has two good options:

* They have a less expensive set that will mount directly on a 10/22. This is the WGRS-RU22 model:

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct...tNumber=846604

* They have their more expensive "target sights" which will involved a peep sight, plus a separate front sight, and the rear sight will have to be custom-mounted (includes drilling your receiver). I had a set of these mounted once, they are ok and precise, but also large and bulky and not really worth it for most shooters IMHO.

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct...tNumber=483133

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lamarbrog View Post
    How well does the single shot adapter "magazine" work, if you've tried one?
    Personally, i don't have a need for one, so I haven't tried one.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lamarbrog View Post
    Is the issue with the AK sight a design issue or a quality issue?

I saw a photograph of one... and to me it looked like a dumb idea. The CZ sight looks very straight-forward... unless the quality is just bad, I don't foresee a problem.
    The design is simply retarded, and the quality is poor.

It doesn't make any sense at all to attach a sight directly to a dust cover that needs to be removed every time the weapon is disassembled. Something like the sight Marc Krebs designed makes a lot more sense from a design standpoint.

The quality is quite poor on the AK sights - The one that I messed around with wouldn't fit the weapon without taking a file to it, and even after that, the sight still wouldn't fit correctly.

I wouldn't hesitate to purchase sights from Tech-Sight as long as it wasn't the SKS model or AK model...

Their other sights are good to go.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    I've got a 40X headed my way right now. Any thoughts on reference sources for the old Remington and Winchester 22s? I like rimfirecentral for info, but I was looking for something more edited so that I could understand the different models, and what they actually may be worth.
    No, just keep your eyes open at shows and in newspaper ads. They often go for less than they should in my opinion.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TXSUT View Post
    I've purchased 6 or 7 (lost count) new CZ452 and 455 rimfires (22LR, 22WMR, and 17HMR) in the last 7 months....does that say enough?
    The 452s seem hard to find now as they are being replaced by the 455's. Is there enough of a quality difference that the extra effort should be put in to track down or 452 or is the 455 just as g2g?
    Last edited by Icculus; 10-12-11 at 11:31.
    Quote Originally Posted by d90king
    Play stupid games, win stupid prizes...

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Icculus View Post
    The 452s seem hard to find now as they are being replaced by the 455's. Is there enough of a quality difference that the extra effort should be put in to track down or 452 or is the 455 just as g2g?
    As the 455 offers a few refinements to the 452, I don't think you can go wrong with a 455.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Icculus View Post
    I'd also check the CZ forum at RimfireCentral.com, they have a lot of the latest info on the CZ offerings, including pros/cons of the new 455 models.

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums...splay.php?f=18

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    My .22LR is a Ruger 10/22 in an Archangel Marauder Kit

[IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

I know its not a bolt action but just an idea for that Ruger you have "laying" around
    Last edited by KayRock; 10-22-11 at 17:39.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pork Chop View Post
    I bought my son a Savage MKII and we both enjoy shooting it. They are affordable and, like all Savages, are very accurate.

I've got one as well & it's one of my favorite rifles. It has a cheapy 4x32 on it & I can sit with that rifle all day shooting at steel spinners & be be perfectly content.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast