Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger LCR

Feedback Score
    The .357 version is a few ounces heavier than the .38 and that makes the difference for me. The .38 version is too light. It feels like I've got a squirtgun in my hand. The .357 is better, although probably not good enough to make me trade in my j-frame.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImBroke View Post
    I have one with the XS sights, standard and boot grips. I find it easier to shoot accurately than my 340M&P or 642. Not so much b/c the trigger pull is lighter, it's because the trigger reach is a little longer and the geometry of the trigger shape and trigger guard shape allows me to curl my finger around the trigger without it getting pinched so when it breaks the muzzle doesn't twitch to the right. No more aim for the right shoulder to hit center of mass.

My thumb knuckle doesn't get cut by the cylinder release latch anymore. Empties extract more easily than a J, sometimes they all fall out without even hitting the rod. Felt recoil is less than the J frames when both have the boot grips due to the cushion in the LCR boot grip.

On mine, the little screw holding in the cylinder release latch would come loose but I have lock tighted it now.
    I like the XS sights for their tritium and visibility but the flip side to them is the round/square shape mismatch makes it harder to obtain a consistently accurate sight picture at longer distances though I have fired a 3.5" 5 shot group offhand @25yds with the Speer 135gr+P load which is better than I could ever do with my J.

Speed strips and HKS 36 speedloaders work for them. Most holster manufs have models for the LCR now.
    I have a Nemesis pocket holster, High Noon Split Decision and Don Hume JIT for it.
    I'm a long time carrying j-frame guy and I recently shot an LCR and the first thing I noticed after several rounds down range, not cut up and split thumb knuckle. That has peaked my interest in this gun. Due to this "user induced injury" I usually wear one glove on my primary hand when shooting the j-frame for extended periods, works ok, since it is a BUG. The one I shot was a range rental gun and it too had a screw starting to back out of it, but I asked regarding the history of the gun, it has been a rental gun since coming into the store and has been cleaned twice in about 2 year period. Definitely want to shoot a coworker's new LCR before making any decisions.
    Last edited by SmokeJumper; 10-10-11 at 22:07. Reason: added info
    MOLON LABE

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I really like my LCR. Great little pistol that you can take pretty much anywhere dressed in basically any attire of your choosing. That is important for a CCW.

Feedback Score

in love

I just bought mine a few days ago. I had my doubts until I put about 200 rounds down range.

Feedback Score
    Excellent pocket gun. I carry mine whenever I can't carry IWB, which is a lot these days. I've had zero issues.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'll justify your purchase.
    I bought one as a birthday present for the wife when they first came out. I'm at the point where I'll be selling my SP101 and finding an LCR for myself.
    The trigger is great, has a nice radius, but as mhanna mentioned it is impossible to stage.

In the past I think two years, I have not found a gunsmith who works on them, though at this point there's not much to do. Aftermarket is limited to a few grips and front sight posts. Fairly limited. Never found a person selling a front post with a gold bead and the wife hates XS sights, but it hasn't been an issue for its given role.

I want to try the .357 model out of curiosity, but I can't imagine it's pleasant.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by thei3ug View Post

I want to try the .357 model out of curiosity, but I can't imagine it's pleasant.
    You got that right! I shot one of the .357 models last year. I think I put 15 rounds through it before crying uncle.

Feedback Score
    I have LCR's in both .38 and .357.

I can EASILY stage the trigger any time I want for an incredibly precise shot. I can get cloverleaf 5 shot groups off hand at 30' by doing it. Just sayin, it is possible, at least with my 2 LCR's...

357 Maggies that are full house suck A$$. No way around it, horrible. Mid range stuff like 125gr DPX or Rem Golden Saber are not bad at all, actually quite controllable IMHO....

I have about 800 rounds through each example with ZERO issues. Great snubbie!

-Drew
    I don't know Magsz, but...This is one of the best quotes ever...
    "Despite reloading like im punching Nancy Pelosi in the face, i still cant reliably get glocks to auto forward, especially 19's."

Feedback Score
    The rattling sound is likely the transfer bar. They are fit loose to assure reliability. Most Ruger revolver rattle a bit when shaken. It's nothing to think twice about.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I carry my Ruger LCR .38 Spec. daily I have the factory Crimson Trace laser grips and I just installed the other day a XS front sight on it.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast