Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger LCR

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robb Jensen View Post
    I carry my Ruger LCR .38 Spec. daily I have the factory Crimson Trace laser grips and I just installed the other day a XS front sight on it.
    I have the identical set-up. With one of the little speed-strip pouches from Tuff Products, it's the easiest "grab-n-go" I've got.

For .357, I think I'll stay with my SP101.

Feedback Score
    For those of you with the Crimson Trace grips, how is the comfort level when practicing? I currently use the Hogue Boot Grip. The one thing keeping me from getting the Crimson Trace grips is that they seem to have a shorter trigger reach and I think I will end up in the same bucket as I did with the J frame - my trigger finger hits my thumb before the shot breaks. With the Hogues, the extra padding increases the distance and allows me to pull the trigger like I would any other gun.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I just bought a LCR-357 myself to replace the SW 442 my wife appropriated for herself!

I had the chance to put a few rounds through her, shooting a a mix of 60 rounds.

10 rounds of 125gr .357 Magnum Hornady Critical Defense ammo.
    10 rounds of 125 gr .38 Spcl +P Winchester Silver Tip ammo.
    40 rounds of 158 gr .38 Spcl S&B ammo.

I have to say the Hornday CD .357 Magnum ammo was surprisingly comfortable. The most miserable ammo to shoot was definitely the S&B .38 Spcl ammo. I think the grain size definitely makes a difference. Since they +P and Magnum ammo felt recoil seemed negligible to me, I will be carrying the LCR with the Critical Defense ammo. I also made my own Holster with some Kydex I had laying around.

This gun shoots very nicely, compared to my 442. I found it more comfortable with the larger boot grip. I found that I was able to stage the trigger easily. I did not shoot for groups since I was purely just function testing. I think it carries just as well as my 442 also.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy another even in .38 Special.

Feedback Score
    I recently installed the crimson trace grips on my LCR 38. I had to change my support hand thumb placement and the felt recoil is a bit more than either of the Hogue grips but I think that the added advantage of the laser in certain situations makes it worth it.

Feedback Score
    I have a front sight HIVIZ green sight for one of these if someone needs one.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent View Post
    I have a front sight HIVIZ green sight for one of these if someone needs one.
    How much?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Sorry, just can't bring myself to own ugly guns. Plus my wife's dehorned Model 37 airweight has been doing duty very well since 1976, and my 442 does everything it's supposed to. I've never even had the sideplate off which is very unusual for me.

(Full disclosure: I do own one ugly gun, a Yugo SKS. But it's in a case in the car trunk and I rarely have to actually see it.)

Feedback Score
    The LCR to me is a great deal in terms of value, ruggedness and performance. I like them in all aspects except for preferring the SW J frame for easy swap to non-sticky grips and for pure aesthetics.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I bought an LCR for my mom a few weeks ago. I was torn between it and the S&W, but she said the LCR felt better so we went that way. She likes it so far and shoots it pretty well. She is pushing 70 and lives alone. This was a good choice for a HD/carry pistol for her.
    Join Gun Owners of America Here

Fear causes hesitation and hesitation will cause your worst fears to come true. - The Bodasafa

Feedback Score
    great advice overall. I also think people need to evaluate which cylinder release method they prefer - push in for ruger or slide for S&W.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast