Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Ruger LCR

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 30 cal slut View Post
    Anyone come to a general consensus on a pocket holster for the LCR?

Do we need to worry about pocket fuzz getting into and mucking up the internals on this revolver?

Interesting price range on this item, post-Sandy Hook. I've been shopping for the .357 model - lowest price I could find was $499 before tax. Highest I've seen at a LGS was $699.
    I pocket carry mine just about every day in a desantis super fly in my jacket pocket (I have my G19 on me the rest of the time).
    NRA Life Member, NAHC Life Member, GOA member

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'd actually like to see Ruger make the LCR in 40S&W for the LE back-up market. There are certainly some nifty little semi-auto pistols like the M&P Shield that the LCR 40 would be competing against but I think it would do alright.

To pull it off, Ruger would need to make some type of moon clip or something and I'd imagine that's probably not something that would be too terrible to come up with. Probably a bigger issue would be beefing up or reinforcing the cylinder to take 5 cartridges. While we're thinking about it, the cylinder and frame could be shorter to accommodate the shorter casings.
    Last edited by Tokarev; 03-17-13 at 07:59.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImBroke View Post
    On mine, the little screw holding in the cylinder release latch would come loose but I have lock tighted it now.
    Just curious, but what tool did you use for that tiny screw? I want to get something to remove it, loctite it, and re-install it but I'm not sure what would work with it. Ruger has their swiss army-ish all around gun tool that I believe has the correct tool, but would a regular small glasses screwdriver work with it? What'd you use?
    Do not go gentle into that good night...rage, rage against the dying of the light - Dylan Thomas

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImBroke View Post
    I have been using the Desantis Nemesis. Though it doesn't actively retain the gun which I prefer, it does release every time unlike the Uncle Mike/Blackhawk which will come out with the gun sometimes.
    +1. No issues with the holster.
    Life's a risk, enjoy the adventure - HOPLOETHOS

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I love the LCR. It has replaced my 642 a my carry snubby

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I agree with most of you on here. I had the .357 version of the LCR for a few years as my EDC. Trigger was fantastic, I really enjoyed shooting it. That being said I hate firing .357 out of the thing. I would get concussion debris and it made my hands bleed on several occasions. .38 Special +P was the way to go for me in that little cannon. Fantastic revolver.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    What is concussion debris?

Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    I agree with most of you on here. I had the .357 version of the LCR for a few years as my EDC. Trigger was fantastic, I really enjoyed shooting it. That being said I hate firing .357 out of the thing. I would get concussion debris and it made my hands bleed on several occasions. .38 Special +P was the way to go for me in that little cannon. Fantastic revolver.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MontePR View Post
    What is concussion debris?
    To be honest with you, I really didn't know what else to call them and I'm not sure what it was. I have very little experience with revolvers, outside of the LCR. Powder, metal flakes, some kind of shrapnel from the cylinder/casing every time I fired the .357 out of it. Am I making any sense?
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    Oh... Ok,I totally understand now. I've felt that as well but never to the point of bleeding. Then again the most .357's that I have shot out of my wife's LCR were 50 in a row and I gotta tell ya at first it's unbelievable the fact that it's not really painful at first. It's like a violent wack on the hand thanks to the grip it comes with. Needless to say I haven't done that again. I'm an advanced structural technician in the collision industry and it hurt like a mother****er the next few days to use a hammer in the shop. I shot it one handed btw.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MontePR View Post
    Oh... Ok,I totally understand now. I've felt that as well but never to the point of bleeding. Then again the most .357's that I have shot out of my wife's LCR were 50 in a row and I gotta tell ya at first it's unbelievable the fact that it's not really painful at first. It's like a violent wack on the hand thanks to the grip it comes with. Needless to say I haven't done that again. I'm an advanced structural technician in the collision industry and it hurt like a mother****er the next few days to use a hammer in the shop. I shot it one handed btw.
    I am glad I cleared that up lol. One handed was fine, but yeah where I got bit was two-handed shooting for accuracy. I put about 30 rounds of standard pressure .357 through it in a range session, and it was just too much for me.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678