Thread: Hunting Dogs

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Hunting Dogs

Lets get a pic thread going for our loved hunting buddies. Dont care what they hunt or how, hogs, birds, deer, whatever.

I'll start with my American Brittany, Ace. He's only 6 months old and atm only hunts flies and birds he can see lol. I've bought the Perfect Start/Finish Dvd and im going to attempt to train him myself. Which starts in a week or two...

^^ See that guilty face, he just got busted "counter surfing"...lol

Feedback Score
    Nice looking Brittany. I've got an eight year old female American Brittany, she's monstrous on quail...but she couldn't smell a pheasant is you smacked her with it.
    "I can’t remember a mile in my life that was even mildly amusing"

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    gotta 9yr old black lab and 1yr old Vizsla...great bird season so far and having fun.

my lab is still pretty agile but lost her edge this season & really wanted her A game to teach the pup. Eyesight and hearing are fading but she is still strong and that counts more.

My M4 pic allotment is maxed as i pull them off the pc...i need to get something set up w photobucket as i got some good'ns but just been lazy.
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

K-9 Nezmar

This is Nezmar. He hunts bad guys and dope. He loves his job.

US Army Military Police 97-03
    Federal LEO/M.R.T. 05-Present
    NRA Life Member

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."
    -E. Hemingway

"I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it."
    -Jack Nicholson (A Few Good Men, 1992)

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    This is my 8 yr old lab, Justice. We were hunting in Louisiana for Speckle Belly Geese.

This is my young dog, Trouble. We were running a hunt test this past spring. We just finished running the Master National Hunt Test last week. It's basically the Super Bowl of hunt tests held once a year. You have to qualify for it by passing 6 regular hunt tests during the year. Only 577 dogs competed this year. We passed it and Trouble was one of the youngest dogs in the country to qualify.

http://
    Last edited by Watrdawg; 10-13-11 at 08:39.

Feedback Score
    This is Jake. He is a 2 year old Charcoal Labrador Retriever, although the AKC considers him a Chocolate.

This dog is absolutely bird crazy!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    scout was killed by a 7' rattler this past weekend...i simply won't be the same till i get another puppy.

screw the rest of you that don't get it...working dogs are in a different class of hound.

Snake is in the deep freeze...going over taxi/mounting options or chopping / burning up & pissing on it's bones.
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Artos,
    So sorry to hear about Scout!! I think I'd have to chop up that snake and piss all over it then burn it. I know what you mean by working dogs being in a different class of hound. Justice is 8 now and since the first day I hunted him I haven't been able to go into the field without him. I used to be an avid deer hunter but in the last 8 years I've deer hunted maybe 5 times. That has been recently since my son likes to deer hunt. Even then we duck hunt in the morning and then deer hunt in the afternoon. That way I still get him out into the field with me.

Let us know when you get that pup and thro some pics up of it.