Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is this too much for a SR25?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Personally it isn't worth $2k to me. Perhaps if it were in all original condition and new I'd pay $3k for it. I'd pay $4k for a new SR-25 though.

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    Keep in mind guys, when looking at the gunbroker ads, is there is not that many KAC dealers who actually keep these guns in stock. I know when I was buying my EMC there were a few dealers who were a few hundred dollars below what I ended up paying but NONE of them had the guns in stock. They want you to send them several thousand dollars, and then they will put a single order in.

For complete guns the ONLY two places I would do business with is Lawmens or Gun Gallery. Neil at GG is a great guy, and he keeps a stock of KAC guns and parts. Most of the KAC dealers are nothing but "shell dealers" who will take your money, and order a gun. No telling how long it will take or who you are dealing with. I could have theoretically saved a few hundred but I felt much more at ease ordering from a well know reputable guy like Neil/GG.

As far as pricing, brand new, figure $4250+- for an EMR and $5k for an EMC. The EMR does not come come with a dimpled barrel, flash hider, and has an A2 stock. Not sure on current production but last I knew the EMR still had the standard ejection port size and carrier vice the EMC expanded ejection port size and sand cut carrier. If Im wrong Im wrong but that is the latest info Ive been able to see. Not sure yet if the current production EMC's have the R side bolt release not or yet but maybe contact Lawmens or GG to see what current stock is coming with.

Pricey...but my EMC has been very good to me. Near 3500 rounds now, only cleaned twice, and still capable of sub moa 10 shot groups. Embarrassed my fair share of bolt gun guys at the range with it. Not that there are not lots of other guns out there but with the example I have I can't really say Im not anything less than happy with it.

Feedback Score
    Buy a current production gun unless you live in a ban state. Preban status is the primary value of those relatively rare guns in my opinion. I got an unfired SR25 match in the mid 3k range (which was a good price from what I could find at the time) with 3 preban mags several months ago. I was after the lower so I could have a collapsible stock and not be forced to pin a comp on my LMT MWS. May sell off the upper with wrapped BCG if it has value.
    Last edited by jasonusvi; 10-07-11 at 08:16.

Feedback Score
    Agreement that the price is high. Not sure if the fact it is a Pre-ban in MA where new full featured firearms are much more restricted in their availability may be affecting the pumped up price...

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Correct, I am in Mass, but I do not believe a new SR25 rifle (not carbine) would be illegal. I might just buy a new one.

Feedback Score
    If that's the case, definitely go that route.

My father lives in western MA, and the PITA things he complains about things that I wouldn't even think could be an issue have me extra wary of MA laws.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    To give you a comparison in MA a used gen.3 glock is worth 800$ all day. This is because of the multiple bans in place.

As a result more than half the value in this gun is simply in being that it is pre-ban.

If you don't live in a ban state don't buy it, leave for someone behind enemy lines who would be very happy to have it. One day in MA I would expect it to be worth an easy 10K.

It has the most appeal to some one willing to buy that in MA, buy a new EMC in another state and then switch the uppers. This is the only way to have new SR25 in MA. Looking at the picture of the gun for sale it seems putting a fixed stock and that upper on the new lower would make it post ban compliant and you could two KAC SR25s in MA.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12