Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 11.5" SBR

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggiez28 View Post
    nice work on the gas block
    Why thank you sir.
    I used a huge 5 inch grinder to knock it down and a Dremel to clean it up.

For those wondering about the Claymore, its loud...REAL loud.

I was 10 feet away today while a friend shot it, you can feel the concussion prettyt far away.

Today was my first time out with this set up. Went off with zero problems.

Its not smooth, its pretty rough. The Claymore doesnt help at all.

It shoots a FIREBALL 4 feet long and 3 feet high.

I have a video, but my buddy couldnt see with all the sun. I can post it up, but the end sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Split66 View Post
    I wouldnt listen to BCMjunkie. His brown camo clashes like hell with his surroundings. His surroundings are obviously pinkish and lacey and have big hooties.

Instagram Dangertastic
    Danger@Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/m41979/

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BCmJUnKie View Post
    Ya thats almost it huh. Actually I almost went with a mount n slot just like that.

I do need to lose some weight of this thing.

If I had more funding at this point I would try some other stuff, its making it so I have to use the stuff I have for awhile though which is cool.

I want to make sure I like it before I go changing stuff.

Is that an M3 or an M2..

Also, what is on the end of your barrel?
    The optic is a Comp C3. The compensator is a Levang Linear Compensator http://www.midwayusa.com/Product/524...15-steel-matte. It directs all the blast forward and reduces muzzle rise pretty well. I think it's a similar design to the one you have.

I wasn't insulting your setup if you got the idea that I was, it looks great, just offering some other ideas. I stuck with my gear sector/rail section setup for a while. Up until now I've went through light after light and mount after mount with other rifles trying to find one that I liked.
    Glock Armorer

"There is no safety for honest men except by believing all possible evil of evil men."

Edmund Burke

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmaGlock View Post
    I wasn't insulting your setup if you got the idea that I was, it looks great, just offering some other ideas..
    No way man. I didnt think that at all.

Im always open to suggestions. Its just a matter of AFFORDING those suggestions lol.

The Brake you have IS alot like mine.

I took mine out today. Its just loud, I didnt notice at ALL about the muzzle rise. This thing hits hard.

Im gonna shoot it for a few months and most likely put a BC on it
    I wouldnt listen to BCMjunkie. His brown camo clashes like hell with his surroundings. His surroundings are obviously pinkish and lacey and have big hooties.

Instagram Dangertastic

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Was the Claymore loud for the shooter? I thought it does the same job as the Levang?

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnson View Post
    Was the Claymore loud for the shooter? I thought it does the same job as the Levang?
    Just asked a friend of mine about this. He ran a Troy Claymore on his 10.5 and now runs a Levang. He said the Claymore seemed louder and threw a bigger fireball out of the muzzle.

With the Levang on my 11.5 I don't notice much of a difference between it and my 16" with A2 birdcage when it comes to how loud they are.
    Glock Armorer

"There is no safety for honest men except by believing all possible evil of evil men."

Edmund Burke

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Very nice work there and a great looking rig!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Johnson and ArmaGlock...

The Claymore is ridiculous loud, I have never used or been around the LeVang so I cant compare, but yes, the Claymore is crazy.

I couldnt imagine firing in doors. The concussion and loudness is way too much for that.

I use Surefire earpro, a couple times they slid out and my ears are still ringing.

The fireball was about 4 feet out and easily 2-3 feet in dia.

Im gonna keep using it for a couple months and see if I want to keep it or go for a BC

Instagram Dangertastic

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Johnson and ArmaGlock...

The Claymore is ridiculous loud, I have never used or been around the LeVang so I cant compare, but yes, the Claymore is crazy.

I couldnt imagine firing in doors. The concussion and loudness is way too much for that.

I use Surefire earpro, a couple times they slid out and my ears are still ringing.

The fireball was about 4 feet out and easily 2-3 feet in dia.

Im gonna keep using it for a couple months and see if I want to keep it or go for a BC
    I was really hoping the Claymore was quieter. I like the aggressive teeth on the end of it. They could come in handy! I thought it would be quieter being that the design looks very similar to the Levang.

I haven't had a chance to shoot mine in a shoothouse yet. I'm hoping to do so soon to see how the Levang does. It seems very quiet compared to most SBRs on an open range. Like I said earlier I don't notice a huge difference between it and my 16" with birdcage. I wanted mine as quiet as possible without a suppressor (can't carry one at work). A muzzle brake that rattles yours and your buddy's teeth isn't realistic since I use mine for work (LE). Although there are guys that have them (hateful bastards).

I know guys that run the Iron Pig and they like it and say it quiets down the SBR pretty well.

What is a BC?
    Glock Armorer

Edmund Burke

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmaGlock View Post
    I was really hoping the Claymore was quieter. I like the aggressive teeth on the end of it. They could come in handy! I thought it would be quieter being that the design looks very similar to the Levang.

I haven't had a chance to shoot mine in a shoothouse yet. I'm hoping to do so soon to see how the Levang does. It seems very quiet compared to most SBRs on an open range. Like I said earlier I don't notice a huge difference between it and my 16" with birdcage. I wanted mine as quiet as possible without a suppressor (can't carry one at work). A muzzle brake that rattles yours and your buddy's teeth isn't realistic since I use mine for work (LE). Although there are guys that have them (hateful bastards).

I know guys that run the Iron Pig and they like it and say it quiets down the SBR pretty well.

What is a BC?
    BC is Battlecomp.

Oh and hey, I have never shot a LeVang so I cant say or comment on the difference. Maybe they are the same? Maybe one is quieter.

I was standing a ways back from my buddy when he shot my rifle and it was teeth rattling!

Instagram Dangertastic

Feedback Score
    I was standing a ways back from my buddy when he shot my rifle and it was teeth rattling!
    I still don't get this. The difference in decibels for an 11.5-inch barrel, a 14.5-inch barrel and a 16-inch barrel is negligible. Sure this isn't just the illusion created by more recoil and more muzzle blast? Or is it perception because of the muzzle being 3 inches closer to the shooter? Noise coming out of the ejection port?

By the sounds of things, I will just have to experience this for myself.
    Last edited by tfltackdriver; 10-11-11 at 15:52.
    I do not ride to work in a helicopter or pretend to have insider information from my fifth cousin's friend about Delta Force, although I once served with a SEAL unit at Fort Monroe. It was a wedding party and I was 10. And no, I have not stopped talking about it.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast