Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: AAC Honey Badger .300BLK

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by viperashes View Post
    Interesting concept. It definitely looks nice, but similar functionality could be had with far more practical parts for, I'm sure, way cheaper than what it would cost to produce something like that.
    That's something that could be said for 98% of the builds out there.

It also has a billet upper and lower... has anyone here ever broken a forged lower?

It looks and feels awesome. I'd love to have the opportunity to see how it performs.

If you tried to break your fall with the buttstock and roll into the prone doing buddy rushes, it would break. I don't think they made it for that though...

Feedback Score
    Well, as far as the Marine Corps is concerned, the M4 is an inferior weapon to the M16 because "how are you supposed to beat a man to death with a plastic stock?" The entire reason that the Marine Corps will never give up it's arsenal of M16s and switch to the M4 like the Army did. Granted, we as Marines are trained even from bootcamp to shoot farther than the other services, and the M16 facilitates that. Never mind that we haven't been in a conflict where we've fought an enemy consistently at contact distance in, what, 30-40 years at least?

This weapon is awesome looking, but honestly it's not the most practical thing out there. Billet receivers are the new "in" thing. I'm pretty sure a forged receiver is going to be stronger and hold up better in the long term than a billet receiver.

It's a cool concept that loses a lot of practicality, but none the less, it is something different than everything else that is out there. I would like to see this thing produced as a small run weapon. It would make a cool collectors piece, and would definitely get shot if I owned one, but it would almost surely never be my primary fighting weapon.

Edit: As a side note, this rifle was built in a country that prides itself on excess. This build definitely falls into that category. It's one of those things that would fly off the shelves and people would like to have because.... well, because it's America and we just ****ing can.
    Last edited by viperashes; 10-11-11 at 08:36.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Looks like the Noveske FFL lower

Street corners, but I move from time to time, pushing my cart to different locations
    Feedback Score
    That thing looks evil.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rezin23 View Post
    Looks like the Noveske FFL lower
    If definitely does!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by viperashes View Post

It's a cool concept that loses a lot of practicality, but none the less, it is something different than everything else that is out there. I would like to see this thing produced as a small run weapon. It would make a cool collectors piece, and would definitely get shot if I owned one, but it would almost surely never be my primary fighting weapon.

Edit: As a side note, this rifle was built in a country that prides itself on excess. This build definitely falls into that category. It's one of those things that would fly off the shelves and people would like to have because.... well, because it's America and we just ****ing can.

I'd rather see Remington get their shit together on the ACR than mess with this novelty.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    I'd rather see Remington get their shit together on the ACR than mess with this novelty.
    That's funny... immediately adjacent to the AAC booth on the same 4 sided fixture was the Remington Military booth.

I handled an 11.5" ACR and walked away with the exact opposite impression... not in favor of this particular item (Honey Badger) over the ACR, but that the ACR would have to do something better than an AR than fold to get my attention. I did not have AR problems in arid, dusty environments though.

I thought it was going to have multiple lowers and swap calibers and be versatile- it's less versatile than an AR in that respect.

To create an ACR with a 7" 300BLK barrel and the same suppressor would be a far more bulky package.

OT-

Rifle that impressed me the most: ARX-160

Rifle that disappointed me the most: Colt IAR... no, Colt SCW... I can't decide!

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I was kind of thinking the same thing. That's a lot of custom parts just to get.... a cool looking gun?

I'd like to know more about the concept behind the stock, why it was designed the way it was, and what benefits it offers.
    My best guess to answer your question is that AAC is saying that the 300 BLK is as quiet with sub sonic ammunition as the MP5sd. This MP5sd looking 300 BLK is comparable to the MP5sd with rifle ballistics.
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoryCop25 View Post
    My best guess to answer your question is that AAC is saying that the 300 BLK is as quiet with sub sonic ammunition as the MP5sd. This MP5sd looking 300 BLK is comparable to the MP5sd with rifle ballistics.
    I agree. I am very much excited and appreciative of the 300 Blackout platform.

I just want to say to all those internet Hk commandos "1984 called & they want their pistol caliber carbines back."

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I have a little time on the MP5 and I always get a Koolade smile when shooting them. If you have proper training on how to operate them, they are quite accurate and devastating for a pistol caliber. If the 300 BLK lives up to the MP5, having the rifle caliber advantage is a no brainer.
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast