Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: AAC Honey Badger .300BLK

Feedback Score
    The only thing that the MP5 has over the Honey Badger is that HK slapping the PISS out of an MP5 is fun as hell.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoryCop25 View Post
    My best guess to answer your question is that AAC is saying that the 300 BLK is as quiet with sub sonic ammunition as the MP5sd. This MP5sd looking 300 BLK is comparable to the MP5sd with rifle ballistics.
    Which has what to do with the funky stock? They look the same?

Don't get me wrong, it "looks cool", but once I get past that I can't see what this gun does that a more traditional AR with the same barrel and can wouldn't do.

Feedback Score
    It's more tacticool, Rob. Remember, we live in America, the land of excess. It doesn't have to make sense, we just do shit because we can.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I'm open to the idea that there is something I'm missing, I'd just like to know what that is or might be. Different is different, better is better. Different is not necessarily better.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I'm open to the idea that there is something I'm missing, I'd just like to know what that is or might be. Different is different, better is better. Different is not necessarily better.

If I may opine, it's purpose is more than likely, without and divine philosophical reason, just to be a super cool, different looking AR. More than likely, it was designed with that stock to mimic the looks of the MP5 to show off. Give a .300BLK AR a suppressor. Give it the ergonomics of an MP5, showcase both, show how much better 300BLK is, profit.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by viperashes View Post

If I may opine, it's purpose is more than likely, without and divine philosophical reason, just to be a super cool, different looking AR. More than likely, it was designed with that stock to mimic the looks of the MP5 to show off. Give a .300BLK AR a suppressor. Give it the ergonomics of an MP5, showcase both, show how much better 300BLK is, profit.

Why would you want the ergonomics of a MP5 over an AR-15?
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Thumbs up

As an aside, I really like those new magpul pistol grips.

Feedback Score
    Which AAC suppressor is illustrated? It doesn't look familiar.

Cheers
    Life is like a shit sandwich...the more bread you have the less shit you have to eat.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    Why would you want the ergonomics of a MP5 over an AR-15?
    For a real-world application gun, I wouldn't. Basically what I was getting at is using it as a demo gun. By sharing ergonomics with an MP5, it's one less thing someone could say is "different" between the two. Basically, it becomes an MP5 "style" AR, but in .30 caliber.

There's no real world logic behind that gun. It looks good, it has the ergonomics and styling cues of an MP5 style weapon, but it's chambered for big bore power.

I'm not defending the gun for real-world application, but as a demonstration piece, it's another tool in AACs marketing campaign, and in my opinion, a pretty good one.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Which has what to do with the funky stock? They look the same?

Don't get me wrong, it "looks cool", but once I get past that I can't see what this gun does that a more traditional AR with the same barrel and can wouldn't do.
    From what I can tell by the picture is the stock is designed to look like the MP5, but because there has to be room for the bolt carrier to leave the upper receiver, that funny looking "tail" exists. So basically, AAC made it look as close to an MP5 stock while still making it functional.
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast