Thread: How short, light and quiet?

Feedback Score

How short, light and quiet?

the heavy part

Was pretty surprised how quiet it is, was actually fun to shoot.

Feedback Score
    That's a trunk gun!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dubb-1
    That's a trunk gun!
    No that's a back pack gun.

That would be awesome, to bad you can't conceal NFA guns.

Feedback Score

Concealed SBR?

Quote Originally Posted by Boom
    to bad you can't conceal NFA guns.

Hmmmm....didn't know that. Just what constitutes concealment?

The reason I ask is I was planning to get a "discreet" rifle case (the rectangular ones) for a range bag for my 27"ish collapsed SBR. The case I found is roughly that size.

If, say I go into a restaurant, after or before going to the range (or go shooting a few hours drive in the mountains)........I didn't want to leave an NFA gun in my vehicle (aren't I at least somewhat legally responsible if someone steals it and commits a crime?). I figured I could just put it in the discreet bag and bring it in. It would just look like a big laptop bag or something.

Is this not legal? What if I get a bag that looks like a rifle case? Is that acceptable? I know in AZ that having a pistol in a holster in plain veiw is legal. I'm pretty sure a rifle in a case is the same way......what I don't know is if it's in a "discreet" case if it's legal. How would I find out?

I was going with a discreet case mainly so I didn't freak people out, since they really wouldn't know what was in the bag. Am I worrying too much about this??....normally with a non-NFA gun, I'd just leave it in the truck, locked up, and try and sit where I can see the vehicle (not always possible).

Sorry for the newb question, but this is my first SBR.

Thanks,
    Sean

Feedback Score
    bigbore, who makes the barrel you used??? I currently have a 7.5" SBR with an EF Shaw barrel (from Model1) and I doubt the threads are concentric to the bore. I want to use my AAC Ranger can on it and would like to "be sure" I have a quality barrel with concentric threads for this project. Do you sell these barrels? Also, what twist rate on the barrel and ammo weight would you recomend to prevent baffel strikes. I have seen a few of your posts on other boards and it looks like your 7.5" project is successful.

Can you help a guy out?
    MadDog

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom
    No that's a back pack gun.

That would be awesome, to bad you can't conceal NFA guns.
    Um. Wrong. Depends on where you live. Perfectly legal in Indiana with a CCW.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I was going to say, It's legal for me to carry a pistol with a suppressor on it in IN with my CCW permit.

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDog
    bigbore, who makes the barrel you used??? I currently have a 7.5" SBR with an EF Shaw barrel (from Model1) and I doubt the threads are concentric to the bore. I want to use my AAC Ranger can on it and would like to "be sure" I have a quality barrel with concentric threads for this project. Do you sell these barrels? Also, what twist rate on the barrel and ammo weight would you recomend to prevent baffel strikes. I have seen a few of your posts on other boards and it looks like your 7.5" project is successful.

Can you help a guy out?
    MadDog

email sent - but be sure to contact AAC and see if they have anything to say about the Ranger on a 7.5" barrel.

Feedback Score
    bigbore,

They say "no go" on anything shorter than 10.5" They prefer 11.5" but will honor their waranty on the 10.5" Guess I will find some other project to spend my money on.

MadDog

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by generic
    Um. Wrong. Depends on where you live. Perfectly legal in Indiana with a CCW.

My bad...Florida does not allow concealment of long guns.
    Sad, that it takes someone else to tell you your life is worth protecting and that you are the one ultimately responsible for it.