Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: "We the People" NFA petitions

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    $200 is irritating and so is the wait but I agree with IG & Scott, let sleeping dogs lay. When this was enacted $200 was a LOT of money. I would hate to see them adjust it for inflation. Being the gray man is helpful. We don't need to draw attention to ourselves.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
    $200 is irritating and so is the wait but I agree with IG & Scott, let sleeping dogs lay. When this was enacted $200 was a LOT of money. I would hate to see them adjust it for inflation. Being the gray man is helpful. We don't need to draw attention to ourselves.
    No shit. Imagine a $3321 tax stamp for your SBR.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by decodeddiesel View Post
    That would keep many of us on the sideline.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    This is a not a good idea. Only bad can come from putting civilian ownership of title-2 firearms in the spotlight.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
    Being the gray man is helpful. We don't need to draw attention to ourselves.
    Agreed. But I'd piss myself with excitement if the $200 tax, or the approval period, or both went away. Looks like the petitions have all they need, wonder what the process is for this/the timeline?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Ill say it up front I don't own an NFA firearm being active makes that tough and costly. What I would like to see and I personally think is more likely to happen is for the Supreme Court to rule that it is the states rights. It would at least make things easier for me when I get back home to Idaho.
    "If man does his best what else is there?"
    - George S. Patton

Feedback Score
    I actually talked to a pro-gun guy in Colorado government about a better way to take care of NFA at the state level. Make NFA write-offs like by CLEOs like CCW sign-offs. Make it shall-sign unless they can come up with a reason.

Lots of adavantages.
    -It is done state-by-state so there is not a big fight at the national level.
    -It doesn't cut down on govt revenue and might even lead to more revenue.
    -It doesn't change who can and can't get the items.
    -Get some stories done about how it saves children's hearing and makes ranges easier to live by.
    -It gets us more in line with European gun laws, and that is something to aspire to isn't it?
    -You might even be able to get it crafted into changes in CCW shall-issue laws.

I agree taking this fight into the national arena just begs to get things f'ed up. Trusts will be the first thing to go, increased fees will be the second.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    I am somewhat confused? How does this help you when you get back to Idaho? Idaho doesn't have any NFA restrictions I am aware of.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Medicine View Post
    Ill say it up front I don't own an NFA firearm being active makes that tough and costly. What I would like to see and I personally think is more likely to happen is for the Supreme Court to rule that it is the states rights. It would at least make things easier for me when I get back home to Idaho.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    I am somewhat confused? How does this help you when you get back to Idaho? Idaho doesn't have any NFA restrictions I am aware of.
    We pay $200 like everyone else it would be nice if they would remove the tax is all I am saying.

** correct me if I am wrong but paying the tax stamp is one of the that we are talking about right?**
    "If man does his best what else is there?"
    - George S. Patton

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by decodeddiesel View Post
    Not to nitpick but I came up with $3386 using the .Gov inflation calculator here: http://www.bls.gov/data/inflation_calculator.htm

For those who are interested in seeing your Constitutional rights shredded by Rep. Charles Rangel you can watch the FOPA session here: http://youtu.be/a6Mx2UcSEvQ

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast