Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger SP101 22LR pics

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Ruger SP101 22LR pics

Here are a few photos of my new little Ruger SP101. This is a nifty little revolver and is reminiscent of handy little 22's like the S&W kit gun. The fit and finish appears high and the stainless finish is nicely polished, overall. The gun seems to shoot pretty well (target photos later) and the eight shot capacity will prove popular with most users. The single action trigger is fairly short and crisp. Double action is long and heavy, as is usually the case with a stock out-of-box revolver.

Ruger's got another winner on their hands with this one!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Nice wheelie! I didn't know Ruger was making this. I know what happens next. This will make a dandy little gun around our home in the woods,and will go nicely with my wife's Remington Speed Master.
    I think I'll surprise her and make her thinks it's for her. Thanks for posting this.
    A fine is a tax for doing wrong.A tax is a fine for doing well.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Great score!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Double action is long and heavy, as is usually the case with a stock out-of-box revolver.
    That heavy DA has been my experience with all 22L.R. revolvers.

The SP101 is a beefy little tyke. I can see this as a very durable trail gun.
    US Army Military Police 97-03
    Federal LEO/M.R.T. 05-Present
    NRA Life Member

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."
    -E. Hemingway

"I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it."
    -Jack Nicholson (A Few Good Men, 1992)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocH View Post
    Nice wheelie! I didn't know Ruger was making this. I know what happens next. This will make a dandy little gun around our home in the woods,and will go nicely with my wife's Remington Speed Master.
    I think I'll surprise her and make her thinks it's for her. Thanks for posting this.
    Ruger just introduced this model. They did make an SP101 in 22LR previously but that model was a six shooter with fixed sights and a full underlug.

Does your wife fall for that stuff? Mine did for a couple purchases but has since figured me out. Now if I buy a gun "for her" she keeps it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Ruger just introduced this model. They did make an SP101 in 22LR previously but that model was a six shooter with fixed sights and a full underlug.

Does your wife fall for that stuff? Mine did for a couple purchases but has since figured me out. Now if I buy a gun "for her" she keeps it.
    Yeah,same here. I gotta figure out a new trick.
    A fine is a tax for doing wrong.A tax is a fine for doing well.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If the wind isn't howling today I'll see about getting some groups shot and some pictures posted.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    cool!
    any word on pricing?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I took my new revolver out this morning and shot the crap out of it. I fired everything from CCI Mini Mags to 40gr RNL to Russian "match" ammo out of it.

The gun is fun to shoot and easy to control, as one would expect from a heavy 22LR revolver. On the down side, I find the factory grip too small and I had a hard time working the trigger in double action. With the factory grip, the tips of my fingers are nearly touching the backstrap. No biggy, as I'm sure aftermarket grips for the centerfire SP101 will work on the rimfire version.

Here's a cylinder of Remington RNL fired single action at seven yards:

Eight rounds fired double action from seven yards:

Sixteen rounds center mass from twenty yards. Eight rounds fired single action and eight rounds fired double action:

The gun is so dirty now you can see the headstamps impressed into the buildup!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Not bad shooting for using that massive FO front sight.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast