Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bullet feeders for Dillon

Feedback Score

Bullet feeders for Dillon

Just got done reloading 2k of 45acp ammo. I have a GSI International bullet feeder on one of my 650's for about 8 months now. What prompted this thread is the fact that I am not burned out after this loading session. I have a bit of arthritis and the bullet feeder is a finger saver.

I have loaded over 10K of ammo though the bullet feeder (my sons like to shoot) the past 6 months. It is a bit finicky and loves the flat points or RN in 230 gr. Seems the shorter bullets get jammed up a bit much.

Anyway, I am waiting for my cash stash to build back up and would like to put one on my 1050 for 22 cal bullets. These little bugger bullets give my fingers a work out.

What I was curious about is; Do any of you use a bullet feed for your dillon? How do you like it?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Do you have a link to this device?

I'm about to pull the trigger on a 650, but I'm going to wait on the casefeed. Now you tell me there's a bullet feed too? I absolutely hate to reload and between these two feeders it sounds like it will take some of the tedium out of the chore.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    rob_s,

the case feeder is well worth the money and quite simply a must have item. I would also suggest an extra five or six primer pick up tubes and the roller handle. Your life will be much happier if you do.

thanks for the report on the bullet feeder. I have been considering purchasing one lately, but hadn't read any reviews until now. Hopefully other will chime in. If not I may have to step up to the plate and buy one so that I can give my 2 cents worth.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I absolutely hate to reload and between these two feeders it sounds like it will take some of the tedium out of the chore.
    So will you be a like a $5/hour or $15/hour "illegal immigrant factory worker" when you stand in front of the press with these labor-saving devices?

Inquiring minds want to know.
    Last edited by Submariner; 11-19-07 at 06:59. Reason: removed Mexican invader
    "The very purpose of a Bill of Rights was to withdraw certain subjects from the vicissitudes of political controversy, to place them beyond the reach of majorities and officials and to establish them as legal principles to be applied by the courts." Justice Robert Jackson, WV St. Board of Education v. Barnette, 319 U.S. 624 (1943)

"I don’t care how many pull ups and sit ups you can do. I care that you can move yourself across the ground with a fighting load and engage the enemy." Max Velocity

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Do you have a link to this device?

I'm about to pull the trigger on a 650, but I'm going to wait on the casefeed. Now you tell me there's a bullet feed too? I absolutely hate to reload and between these two feeders it sounds like it will take some of the tedium out of the chore.
    I don't want to see you range chickening, Pal!

On the other hand. A pic of you pecking brass would make a hell of an Avatar!
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    To me... all these case feeders, and bullet feeders are too over the top.

I've gone back to slowing down when I reload, and ensuring quality. I used to get hung up on all of the THIS many rounds per hour, and THAT many rounds per hour.

Actuall touching the components by hand really isn't all that rigorous. PLUS, you actually get to add another level of QC in your process by picking up the components with your lazy little hand.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
    So will you be a like a $5/hour or $15/hour "illegal immigrant factory worker" when you stand in front of the press with these labor-saving devices?

Inquiring minds want to know.
    If I can dumb it down enough, I'll pay the 10 year old the $5/hr while I sit on the porch and drink beer like I should be.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by demigod View Post
    I don't want to see you range chickening, Pal!

On the other hand. A pic of you pecking brass would make a hell of an Avatar!
    I buy brass, I don't range chicken. When I first started reloading I range chickened for about 3 matches before I realized that what was supposed to be fun (a day at the range) had turned into work.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I buy brass, I don't range chicken.
    I should have known you were one of those "brass buyers".

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I buy brass, I don't range chicken. When I first started reloading I range chickened for about 3 matches before I realized that what was supposed to be fun (a day at the range) had turned into work.
    I think of every case I leave on the deck as a nickel, either to be picked up or donated to the Boone County Sheriff's Department. Oh, and nickels are worth more than 5 cents these days, just like the brass.

Will you be reloading Wolf steel cases to save money? Some folks do on TOS?

Quote Originally Posted by demigod View Post
    I should have known you were one of those "brass buyers".
    I shoot cheap UMC at home and pick up my brass, cutting out the brass seller.

If I can dumb it down enough, I'll pay the 10 year old the $5/hr while I sit on the porch and drink beer like I should be.
    You buy beer?
    Last edited by Submariner; 11-19-07 at 08:40. Reason: Add more text.
    "The very purpose of a Bill of Rights was to withdraw certain subjects from the vicissitudes of political controversy, to place them beyond the reach of majorities and officials and to establish them as legal principles to be applied by the courts." Justice Robert Jackson, WV St. Board of Education v. Barnette, 319 U.S. 624 (1943)

"I don’t care how many pull ups and sit ups you can do. I care that you can move yourself across the ground with a fighting load and engage the enemy." Max Velocity

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast