Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bullet feeders for Dillon

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
    You buy beer?
    Thinking of getting back into brewing actually. Now THERE'S a fun chore to do at home! I can't shoot while I reload, but I can damn sure drink while I brew!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I can't shoot while I reload, but I can damn sure drink while I brew!
    Sig line material.
    "The very purpose of a Bill of Rights was to withdraw certain subjects from the vicissitudes of political controversy, to place them beyond the reach of majorities and officials and to establish them as legal principles to be applied by the courts." Justice Robert Jackson, WV St. Board of Education v. Barnette, 319 U.S. 624 (1943)

"I don’t care how many pull ups and sit ups you can do. I care that you can move yourself across the ground with a fighting load and engage the enemy." Max Velocity

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
    I shoot cheap UMC at home and pick up my brass, cutting out the brass seller.
    Amen to that! Remington brass is the kind. And brass really is going for a nickle a piece.

I must admit... I'd shoot wolf before I'd pay for brass.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by demigod View Post
    Amen to that! Remington brass is the kind. And brass really is going for a nickle a piece.

I must admit... I'd shoot wolf before I'd pay for brass.
    No, the constituent elements of a nickel (Ni 25% and Cu 75%) are worth more than five cents. Remington brass is about seven cents, or more, per round, if you can find it.

I disagree on the Wolf. But that is just me. I bought about 13,000 rounds of tumbled, once-fired Remington brass for under a four cents each, delivered, before it jumped dramatically. And I am certain none of it went through an M249 SAW.
    "The very purpose of a Bill of Rights was to withdraw certain subjects from the vicissitudes of political controversy, to place them beyond the reach of majorities and officials and to establish them as legal principles to be applied by the courts." Justice Robert Jackson, WV St. Board of Education v. Barnette, 319 U.S. 624 (1943)

"I don’t care how many pull ups and sit ups you can do. I care that you can move yourself across the ground with a fighting load and engage the enemy." Max Velocity

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Do you have a link to this device?

I'm about to pull the trigger on a 650, but I'm going to wait on the casefeed. Now you tell me there's a bullet feed too? I absolutely hate to reload and between these two feeders it sounds like it will take some of the tedium out of the chore.
    This is the one I have http://www.gsiinternational.com/index.html

Last time I talked to them they were working on a 22 cal feeder but don't have one yet.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by demigod View Post
    To me... all these case feeders, and bullet feeders are too over the top.

I've gone back to slowing down when I reload, and ensuring quality. I used to get hung up on all of the THIS many rounds per hour, and THAT many rounds per hour.

Actuall touching the components by hand really isn't all that rigorous. PLUS, you actually get to add another level of QC in your process by picking up the components with your lazy little hand.
    It ain't about the speed, its about the ease. The first 550 I have was acquired in 87- it has fed several rock & roll guns. So I can tell you it ain't about lazy fingers, its about sore ones......Quality come from the operator not nessasarily touching all the components- If it counts use new brass & case gage it..........

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I dig what you're saying, 556.

But I've found that the more systems you have to keep fiddle farking with, and jiggling or slapping to get running again, the less focused you are on the core task.

Most of the time when the machine is running smooth it's not a problem. But when the turret is full and some damned system jams up, I start to lose focus on what is where in the process.

I just prefer to keep it simple, even at the expense of some ease.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Rob,

Do yourself a favor and order the case feeder with the 650, you'll save a little on shipping.

Honestly, IMHO, the benefits of the 650 are worthless without the casefeeder attached. Filling the tube with brass by hand SUCKS>

On topic, the last time I checked, the .22 caliber bullet feeders weren't in production yet.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by carshooter View Post
    Rob,

Do yourself a favor and order the case feeder with the 650, you'll save a little on shipping.
    That "little on shipping" ain't gonna make up for the $200 for the case feeder.

Too many irons in the fire right now to drop $850 on a press I don't have time to use anyway.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12