Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: M110

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wild_wild_wes View Post
    I've seen lots of operational pics of shooters putting raised cheek rests on their precision 7.62s, so I'm not sure if that is the best solution:

Sorry to derail the thread but who are these guys in these pics? The front guy in the third pic looks like he is carrying a FAMAS.

Back on topic. I know my sniper friends in my 05 tour in Iraq would have loved a M110. Their longest shot of that tour was only 350 meters and they frequently were shooting at groups where the semi auto would have really helped.
    Last edited by C-grunt; 11-09-11 at 10:54.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C-grunt View Post
    Sorry to derail the thread but who are these guys in these pics? The front guy in the third pic looks like he is carrying a FAMAS.

Back on topic. I know my sniper friends in my 05 tour in Iraq would have loved a M110. Their longest shot of that tour was only 350 meters and they frequently were shooting at groups where the semi auto would have really helped.
    Appears to be the frogs. No actual disrespect intended. Good guys from what I've seen.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    They're French -- I believe they are carrying limited numbers of HK 417s, not Knights'.

Feedback Score
    Those are clearly HK 417s.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I had no idea the French were in Afghanistan. Then again Im assuming these pics are from AFG.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wild_wild_wes View Post
    I've seen lots of operational pics of shooters putting raised cheek rests on their precision 7.62s, so I'm not sure if that is the best solution:
    wes,

Whats the original source for that photo? I'd like to see if I can use them to go on my homepage with some other rifles.
    pro-patria.us

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    French HK 417s:

An Indian national from the 1st section "Les Aigles " (the eagles) of the 2nd REG (Régiment étranger du génie), serving as a soldier with the French Foreign Legion, at Forward Operating Base Tagab-Kutschbach near Tagab in Kapisa Province on January 24, 2011. The French Foreign Legion, a military unit established in 1831, was created for foreign nationals of any nationlity wishing to serve in the French armed forces. AFP PHOTO/Joel SAGET

A Canadian national from the 1st section "Les Aigles " (the eagles) of the 2nd REG (Régiment étranger du génie), serving as a soldier with the French Foreign Legion, at Forward Operating Base Tagab-Kutschbach near Tagab in Kapisa Province on January 24, 2011. The French Foreign Legion, a military unit established in 1831, was created for foreign nationals of any nationlity wishing to serve in the French armed forces. AFP PHOTO/Joel SAGET

A German national from the 1st section "Les Aigles " (the eagles) of the 2nd REG (Régiment étranger du génie), serving as a soldier with the French Foreign Legion, at Forward Operating Base Tagab-Kutschbach near Tagab in Kapisa Province on January 24, 2011. The French Foreign Legion, a military unit established in 1831, was created for foreign nationals of any nationlity wishing to serve in the French armed forces. AFP PHOTO/Joel SAGET

A Polish national from the 1st section "Les Aigles " (the eagles) of the 2nd REG (Régiment étranger du génie), serving as a soldier with the French Foreign Legion, at Forward Operating Base Tagab-Kutschbach near Tagab in Kapisa Province on January 24, 2011. The French Foreign Legion, a military unit established in 1831, was created for foreign nationals of any nationlity wishing to serve in the French armed forces. AFP PHOTO/Joel SAGET

A Romanian national from the 1st section "Les Aigles " (the eagles) of the 2nd REG (Régiment étranger du génie), serving as a soldier with the French Foreign Legion, at Forward Operating Base Tagab-Kutschbach near Tagab in Kapisa Province on January 24, 2011. The French Foreign Legion, a military unit established in 1831, was created for foreign nationals of any nationlity wishing to serve in the French armed forces. AFP PHOTO/Joel SAGET

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sinister View Post
    French HK 417s:

Shit more copywrites to chase down......

I have some now for the Aussies and their 417's. How about the Norwegians and the Belgians.......

The more of these I see the more I think I'm wrong about using a 5.56 DMR. At least I've always held it out as a PLT level tool.....
    Last edited by DMR; 11-09-11 at 15:45.
    pro-patria.us

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    The French were south of Kandhar when I was there in 2004 so they have been there for quite a while.
    "After I shot myself, my training took over and I called my parents..." Texas Grebner

"Take me with a grain of salt, my sarcasm does not relate well over the internet"

Jonathan Morehouse

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    It doesn't point itself.

You can hand any troop in the squad a Light Saber -- doesn't make him Carlos Hathcock.

Ozzies:

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast