Thread: XM193: $148/k in June 2006

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

XM193: $148/k in June 2006

Clipped from TOS:

As one wag said, "You guys have to know, Federal wouldn't sell them that ammo at that price if they were loosing money on it!

Why the hell should we be paying $200 more?

Makes you wonder if supply and demand have anything to do with the price hike on .223?"

Maybe ATK honored its contract and took a loss this year, intending to make it up by doubling the price for the next contract term. Maybe...

Originally Posted By WA_PeaceOfcr:
    Well, we recieved our rifle ammunition for 2008. 8500 rounds of XM193 for $148.00 per thousand. Next year the state bid pricing will be increased to over double the amount we paid this year (so I've been told).

Knowing what prices are now and what availability is like, I thought I'd post some pics for everyone to drool over! I'll sure miss the pricing along with everyone else!

Also, we ordered in June and were told "10 months" from ATK directly. So, they are a couple months ahead of schedule it seems for any other firearms instructors out there nervously awaiting their shipments.

Here it is, directly drop shipped from ATK (so shipping to us is FREE) And before people start hating me for the ammo and the price, know it is going to good use for training some outstanding police officers here in my department. Enjoy guys!

and here's the pricing sheet, hope you can read it! 2007 is the LAST year these prices will be good for our state.

And yeah, I know it says American Eagle was ordered. ATK called and asked if they could substitute XM193 (like they did last year too) and of course we said, "YES!!!"

and if anyone is interested, let me know and I'll open a case and see what year the headstamps and lot numbers are. Just got them put away and locked up.
    "The very purpose of a Bill of Rights was to withdraw certain subjects from the vicissitudes of political controversy, to place them beyond the reach of majorities and officials and to establish them as legal principles to be applied by the courts." Justice Robert Jackson, WV St. Board of Education v. Barnette, 319 U.S. 624 (1943)

"I don’t care how many pull ups and sit ups you can do. I care that you can move yourself across the ground with a fighting load and engage the enemy." Max Velocity

Feedback Score
    man..I want some for that price...

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    That ammo should have gone to the Bump Firers on TOS!
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    They are probably losing money on that contract. However, they will still honor the price in order to get future business. FWIW, my department is paying about $300/k for XM-193 purchased in 10k rounds lots. Wait is 8-10 months from order.

I think I am going to finally be able to upgrade to Horandy TAP because regular ball ammo has gotten so expensive.

Feedback Score

Something to keep in mind...

Just remember that Law Enforcement and a few other select groups are Federal Excise Tax (FET) exempt.

I'm not sure what that amounts to, but I'm sure it would be a savings to NOT pay the FET.

Sincerely,

Joel N.
    "Yog" (in Alaska)
    "Molon Labe!"