Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Century Arms Yugo AK's

Feedback Score
    I picked up a M70 underfolder today at gun show. Has Zastava marking and appears new never fired Century buid on DCI receiver. 1st. AK, will take her to the range soon and report back...

BS4L...

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I finally got a chance to shoot my new Yugo today along with another Yugo my shooting partner bought (same day I bought mine from the same dealer). Both guns have been very impressive so far. I was hoping for a quality Ak and it looks like I scored a very good one (as did my shooting buddy) for a decent price. Both rifles surprised us with their accuracy. We were both hitting the 150 meter gong with ease and were able to rapidly hammer the swinging A zone of a reactive 3/4 size IPSC steel target at 50 meters. He was using the stock sights, and I was using XS big dot sights that I installed prior to heading to the range.

Nothing is canted on these rifles. Not the front sight, gas block, rear sight... nothing.

However, both of these carbines had a tendency to whack us in the face with each shot. We both agreed it would be less painful to just puch each other in the face 30 times than continue shooting the rifles without modifying the stocks to fix the problem. A few minutes with a wood plane and a couple of strokes with some sand paper, and we were back to the firing line making steel targets dance.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    David, you learned two things....

1) AK's aren't as inaccurate as alot of people think.

2) The fixed stock Yugo's will slap the hell out of your cheek.

Glad you were able to modify them to be more comfortable. I'd like to find the guy who thought putting such a high comb on the stock was a good idea.

Enjoy your AK!
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Yugo after the surgery.

Feedback Score
    I bought a Century Yugo underfolder yesterday, and it didn't have a DCI receiver, it had a Global Machine and Tool one. Still seems to be as thick as the DCI one on my other Yugo, just thought I'd mention it.

I couldn't find anywhere on the gun a marking indicating Century had assembled it, I wonder if they had Global do a few builds, and if that affects anything else, like barrel type or fire control group.

The new underfolder did have the Zastava-Kragujevac engraved on the area below the rear sight, though. My other Century Yugo didn't have that.

The sights looked fine, and the gas block and grenade launcher sight look ok. I'll put up some pics whenever I find my camera.

ETA; after reading on (that other site, who's name must not be mentioned), it appears that Global did more than just a few of these. I still haven't ascertained whether this is good or bad, though. The one I got seems nice, too bad I wasn't able to hit the range this morning. It'll have to wait til next week I guess.

I still wouldn't mind hearing from the AK gurus the difference between the(built-with-Global) and the (built-with-DCI) Century Yugos

Feedback Score
    pics

Feedback Score
    got wood now

I will refinish it a little later.
    The devil danced as he went down
    In the hail of arrows comin'
    Out on the wild Montana ground,
    Custer died a-runnin'.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234