Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Pigs

Feedback Score
    Main danger with hogs to humans is Brucellosis, an intracellular bacterial parasite, that causes infectious abortion in women and orchitis in men. If your nuts swell up to the size of a basketball and are all inflamed and bright red, you've got it....

To prevent transmission of Brucella suis from hogs, wear gloves when handling blood and viscera and do not let hog blood into a cut or stab on your body, once the meat is cooked there is zero danger.

There is little to no danger from Trichinella roundworms, again as long as the meat is cooked properly it is fine.

Hogs also carry Salmonella as well as enteropathic strains of E. coli, Enterobacter, etc. in their intestines so when cleaning out the viscera, take care NOT to contaminate the meat with fecal matter.

Hogs also carry and transmit Pseudorabies virus that is highly contagious and lethal to dogs and will wipe out a every dog it comes in contact with, so be careful with your digs around pigs.

Feedback Score
    This is a very good read on hog hunting, thread has been active for over two years.
    http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=449721

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TX0303 View Post
    This is a very good read on hog hunting, thread has been active for over two years.
    http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=449721
    Damn good thread, I agree.

Feedback Score
    I'm seriously entertaining the idea of building a PSL for zapping pigs since my budget isn't currently big enough for a .308 AR or FAL which I would prefer. Anyone here busted pork with one?
    Last edited by yellowfin; 11-10-11 at 18:30.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things with insane laws...it's...insane!" -- Penn Jillette

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Everybody praises fermented corn here. I know guys who hunt hogs with dogs and bowie knife. A couple of them ain't playing with a full deck.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Hog killed with knife and dogs. Me on left Uncle Brian on right.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345