Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Pigs

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyPup View Post
    With the 5.56, I only shoot through the front shoulder using handloaded Barnes 70 grain TSX, my normal 75-77 grain heavy OTM handloads won't penetrate bone, so I always shoot for an easy double lung shot right behind the elbow or scapula.

That's an excellent reference pic.

Just above the elbow it is! Bang!

Feedback Score
    Yes, this has worked excellent to simply outstanding for me over the years sniping them from up to 250 yards out...

Feedback Score

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    That's an excellent reference pic.

Just above the elbow it is! Bang!
    One of the good sized hogs that I shot was quartering toward me and I hit him at the point of the shoulder . I was very surpised that the hog stayed on it's feet and was able to cover about 30-35 yards with a hit that would have dropped a deer.
    "... in common use at the time... for all lawful purposes... "

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Going to the range today to confirm zero on the ARs and Tuesday to the property with the BIL to further assess and take out as many as we see along the way. The only decent ammo I have on hand is BH 75 gr. match HPs so we'll see how that works. I also talked to my next door neighbor and he has a couple of traps he might lend. Otherwise we're going to build them.

Nice pics Skypup and Robb, I hope to be adding to the dead piggie pictures in the near future.

Feedback Score
    Here is a nice trap I welded up a couple of weekends ago that has worked out pretty good. It is bolted together in three sections so we can carry it out into the woods and has a heavy duty angle iron trap door.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If you guys are interested in trapping, in texas, you can turn those piggies into money.

Post #7 for the most recent buying stations I could find.

http://www.texashuntingforum.com/for...opics/310721/3

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    How'd the trip go Jman? If you go again give me a call bud.

-Jax

"Despite what your mamma told you, violence does solve problems."
    -Ryan Job

Quote Originally Posted by Army Chief View Post
    "Elite" designations come from the things that you DO in life, and not from the things that you buy along the way. AC

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jaxman7 View Post
    How'd the trip go Jman? If you go again give me a call bud.

-Jax
    Didn't see a single pig. Just turkeys and deer. We threw out corn the night before and I hunted near a feeder. We also looked at the cameras and they seem to be more active at night than the day so going to have to change strategy. I'll give you a shout if I go up again.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Well that figures! Reminds me of my luck with deer and turkey hunting. I see all the deer during turkey season and all the turkey during deer season. Better luck next time.

-Jax

"Despite what your mamma told you, violence does solve problems."
    -Ryan Job

Quote Originally Posted by Army Chief View Post
    "Elite" designations come from the things that you DO in life, and not from the things that you buy along the way. AC

Feedback Score
    I read some things here and there about concern of some hogs having diseases that make them inedible. What's the skinny on that? While I'll gladly slay them to help reduce the problem of agricultural damage and put modern rifle designs to maximum use, I sure would like to put some tasty meat in the freezer at the same time when I go out to Texas this December.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things with insane laws...it's...insane!" -- Penn Jillette

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast