Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Attention Ohioans!!!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Yes, it's loaded.. I just wanted to be clear on this. Handgun mags ok, rifle not.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)

UPDATE

HB 422 - The bill that would repeal the requirement to "promptly notify" also contains a provision that would repeal the current definition of "loaded" and replace it with the common sense definition.
    B.A.S. Mechanical Engineering Technology

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric D. View Post
    HB 422 - The bill that would repeal the requirement to "promptly notify" also contains a provision that would repeal the current definition of "loaded" and replace it with the common sense definition.
    So "loaded" will be a round in the chamber? So condition 3 will be unloaded?

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    I haven't read the bill so I don't know. The bill can also still be amended at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Trajan View Post
    So "loaded" will be a round in the chamber? So condition 3 will be unloaded?
    Last edited by Eric D.; 08-04-12 at 23:20.

Feedback Score
    There can be a million "what if's" that can be discussed. The easiest thing to prevent all of them is to simply drive in a manner that does not attract the attention of law enforcement, therefore preventing any contact with them.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    I generally agree and I do drive in such a manner. However, in the event that I make a mistake or am involved in an accident not caused by me or am pulled over because of a light out that I didn't know about, I'd rather not be committing a felony when it happens. Murphy's Law is a real bitch.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    The way I read the code if you have a CCW and a Handgun, the section does not apply at all......even if you have other firearms with loaded magazines in the vehicle. It simply states if you meet coditions a and b, I.E. a CCW and a Handgun then it plainly does not apply.
    My brother saw Deliverance and bought a Bow. I saw Deliverance and bought an AR-15.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    I can where you're coming from there. I drew my conclusion from the wording in the exception "The person transporting or possessing the handgun". I don't know of any case law that backs either interpretation. I try to keep up with the Ohioans for Concealed Carry forums and the general consensus there is that, in Ohio, there is no legal way to transport a loaded long gun in a motor vehicle.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric D. View Post
    I can where you're coming from there. I drew my conclusion from the wording in the exception "The person transporting or possessing the handgun". I don't know of any case law that backs either interpretation. I try to keep up with the Ohioans for Concealed Carry forums and the general consensus there is that, in Ohio, there is no legal way to transport a loaded long gun in a motor vehicle.
    unless you have a CCW. then it makes no difference. car or bike.
    "I must study politics and war so that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy."
    -John Adams
    "The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
    - Albert Einstein
    “Those who surrender freedom for security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by landrvrnut22 View Post
    I applaud your efforts, however, there are certainly other aspects of concealed carry and firearms laws that need attention. Currently, Buckeye Firearms along with Ohioans for Concealed Carry is working to have the "notifcation requirement" removed from the books.
    I'm an ex Ohio resident and now a Pittsburgh, PA resident. While it would be nice to get rid of the parts of the law the OP quotes. I would rather see the notification requirement addressed first.

As I have friends and family in Ohio and visit often I obtained a Utah permit as Ohio does not issue non-resident permits and Utah has reciprocity with OH.

It would be nice to bring my AR with mags loaded if I wanted to shoot back in Ohio but what I really want is the notification requirement removed.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast