Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Attention Ohioans!!!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash1023 View Post
    unless you have a CCW. then it makes no difference. car or bike.
    IIRC Ohio CCW only applies to handguns, and no other "dangerous ordinance".

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Yes. I thought it was pretty clear at this point that this is my interpretation. Be careful though, our semi auto AR's, pistols, and nearly all other firearms for that matter are not dangerous ordnances as defined in the ORC; they are deadly weapons. Besides explosives, things like suppressors, SBRs, and SBSs are examples of dangerous ordnances.

Quote Originally Posted by Trajan View Post
    IIRC Ohio CCW only applies to handguns, and no other "dangerous ordinance".
    B.A.S. Mechanical Engineering Technology

Feedback Score
    Sorry for the necro post. I just took the CCW class and am waiting to get into my new house before I go an apply for the licence, no sense in switching addresses again. As far as loaded rifle mags carried to the range for shooting, how does having a CCWL pertain to the loaded rifle magazines? CCWL pertains only to Handgun carry and obviously loaded handgun magazines. Would having loaded rifle magazines in a separate compartment in a car still be covered? What about a minivan that technically has no trunk? I would still in both cases have to get out of the vehicle to access the unloaded rifle and the loaded magazines.

Feedback Score
    In Ohio, there is no legal way to carry a loaded LONG gun. Having loaded magazines separate from the UNloaded long gun wouldn't matter because the "technically" unloaded long gun (no attached loaded magazines) would still be considered loaded because of the loaded magazines for the long gun. Am I reading this correctly? If so, I am confused as to how a CCWL permit for a HANDgun would permit me to carry loaded rifle magazines to the range/class/friends property for use with the rifle.
    Thanks for an explanation.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Correct. You cannot have a loaded rifle magazine that fits in your rifle in, or on the same vehicle, irrespective of type of vehicle in Ohio.

You need two vehicles under their own power to go to a range/transport with loaded rifle magazines. One vehicle has the receiver, one vehicle has the loaded mags.

Stripper clips are not magazines, so they can be "loaded" (not the proper term).

Lobby Columbus so we can get the definition of "loaded" changed.

You have a license to carry a handgun. Not a rifle. Not a weapon. Not a knife. The loaded mag exception is for handguns only.
    Last edited by Captiva; 10-29-12 at 07:39.
    It's great for a handgun and my first interest in it was after playing call of duty with the lil red dot that look like the rmr.
    from TOS

Feedback Score
    What if a person CCW an AR pistol with extra mags in their vehicle and is also transporting their AR long gun?
    JOHN 3:16

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    IMHO & IANAL so you can do that but you will get an opportunity to have your criminal defense attorney explain your position to a judge with the cop that arrested you testifying for the state.

Your test case may be just what we need to change the O.R.C.
    It's great for a handgun and my first interest in it was after playing call of duty with the lil red dot that look like the rmr.
    from TOS

Feedback Score
    Well, If and only If HB 495 passes, many of the problems that are discussed here in this thread will be taken care of. I for one, hope that it passes. Hopefully know by the end of the week.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It passed today...Now the Gov. has to sign it..
    There's a race of men who don't fit in, A race that can't stay still, So, they break the hearts of kith and kin, and roam the world at will..

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    It passed today...Now the Gov. has to sign it..
    Great!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast