Thread: antibiotics and pain meds

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I cannot envision any circumstance where the casual and ignorant administration of an antibiotic would be worth the risk.

As for possession (let alone administration) of scheduled narcotic pain medication without a DEA license or valid prescription.... . That goes way beyond stupid.

If you're not a medical professional of some kind working under the stipulations of your license or certification, you have no business "treating people" with medication for anything.
    Last edited by Hmac; 10-22-11 at 10:05.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    I cannot envision any circumstance where the casual and ignorant administration of an antibiotic would be worth the risk.

As for possession (let alone administration) of scheduled narcotic pain medication without a DEA license or valid prescription.... . That goes way beyond stupid.

If you're not a medical professional of some kind working under the stipulations of your license or certification, you have no business "treating people" with medication for anything.
    This isn't about treating anyone else, at least not how I interpreted it. This was about keeping a personal emergency supply.

There's nothing casual or ignorant about this. For everyday life, people should go to their doctors and get treated for their conditions and get the proper medication for the specific condition. I don't condone people self-medicating. What I thought we were talking about was some "smarter than your average bear" people having supplies on hand just in case.

It's fine if you don't agree.