Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: G2 w/ no VFG?

Feedback Score
    Thanks for all the good advice guys!

I'll give some of this stuff a try. I'm glad you don't think a VFG is required to properly run a simple light setup like I want.

John Wayne777:
    In what location did Larry run his G2 in on his carbine? Is he right or left handed. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by roadstar View Post
    Thanks for all the good advice guys!

I'll give some of this stuff a try. I'm glad you don't think a VFG is required to properly run a simple light setup like I want.

John Wayne777:
    In what location did Larry run his G2 in on his carbine? Is he right or left handed. Thanks.
    Larry is right handed, but left-eye dominant, if I recall correctly. So he shoots pistols right handed but long guns left handed.
    They had no right to win. Yet they did, and in doing so they changed the course of a war...even against the greatest of odds, there is something in the human spirit - a magic blend of skill, faith and valor - that can lift men from certain defeat to incredible victory.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I'm glad you don't think a VFG is required to properly run a simple light setup like I want.
    Yep. I was messing with my G2 on my first rail system I got from GandR. It'd work fine in the 3 or 9 o'clock position for me without a VFG.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score

Thumbs up Elzetta mount

I have been very pleased with my Elzetta mount. It attaches to the FSB and allows the front sling swivel to operate the G2'spushbutton switch. See www.Elzetta.com

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    One thing that I learned from recent training is that a tailcap activated light at the 9:00 is best activated with a thumb forward from a vert grip, while shooting with your hand out on the forearm works better mounted at 11:00.

For me, of course... YMMV.

Feedback Score
    Almost all my lights are at 11 o'clock--they work equally well with or without a VFG.

We just started receiving our X300's-very impressive light; seems to have more throw than our G2L's, Scout Light's, and L4's.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    Almost all my lights are at 11 o'clock--they work equally well with or without a VFG.
    My old Home D set up was an M3 light at 11 and a G2 at 1 o'clock as a back up light. I could work both or either with the same support hand position.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    John Wayne777:
    He runs his rifles left handed, but his pistols right handed. I've never asked him why myself, but I suspect it is a cross-dominance issue as I've seen a couple of guys who are left eye dominant run things that way.

As to the location of his light, it was mounted on the right side rail of his 416. (I believe it was the 3 o' clock position in a basic ring type mount for the G2) His normal firing grip places his support hand (in this case, his right hand) right up by the tailcap of the light so that all he has to do is bump it with the web of his hand near the base of the thumb to activate as needed.

EDIT -- You can see LAV's light setup in this picture shamelessly stolen from John Chapman's AAR thread on page 2 of the Training and Tactics forum. (Which, by the way, is a darn good read if you haven't read it yet...)

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Not to pick nits, but I could swear LAV changed his light arrangement for our class. I thought he was running it at 11:00 (or maybe it was 1:00)...

Not a big deal, but it's what I thought I remembered...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12