Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Father thought he did me good.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    My dad was only 49 when he passed away, I was 18, definitely didn't get to spend enough time around him. Even when he was alive I didn't see him as much as you would think since he was active Army, did three tours in Vietnam, and was in the air cav when we were in German so he spend like 6-9 month of the year in the field.

I got all of his guns, after he died.

Anyway, over at The Box O Truth they did some testing on various loads through a Judge, most sucked but the 000 buck loadings appear useful.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ICANHITHIMMAN View Post
    Spoiled brat is my take on your whole post.
    yup

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Breadstick View Post
    410 buck/bird shot will be reserved for skunk, armadillo and other crtter ridence on the family land....
    My best friend, who's definitely a gun guy, ended up with a Judge as a gift. He started carrying it around his place, on the tractor, etc., and he told me that amazingly enough, the little pos is actually a pretty useful gun to have around the farm.

And all the comments here about Dad's are absolutely true. When they're not around any more, anything they gave you will mean more to you than you can imagine. My Dad was a simple man, who never had the money to buy himself nice things. But of all the guns I've been fortunate enough to be able to own, the last two I'd give up, are the war trophy he brought back from WWII, and his worn and pitted Montgomery Wards double barrel shotgun, with the electrical tape he wrapped around the grip some 70 years ago.

Working in a gun store as a kid, I was always saddened by the people that would come in to sell off Dad's or Grampa's guns after he died. Tried to talk most of them out of it, successfully a few times. Hopefully they all still have them, and remember the kid that risked getting fired to keep their heirlooms in their family.

Feedback Score
    I only wish I could have my dad back to listen to my worthless complaints.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I'd take Dad out the first range trip and enjoy that Taurus with him. Most of the memories with my Dad are at the range our out in a field popping prairie dogs. I'm headed his way in a few weeks, I know its not gonna last forever.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234