Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Father thought he did me good.

Feedback Score

Father thought he did me good.

Coming home from an outing my father asked me to stop by his house on my way home.

Get there he takes me into the garage and hands me a box as say "here s little somthing I got ya" Cool, I thought it a gun I can tell by the weight.

Opened the box and there sit a Taurus Public Defender

THanks Dad! While inside I was like WTF! of all the firearms I've mentioned I'd like and in that price range I get one of these......I appriciate the gesture...but....*sigh*

He gave me several boxs of 410, and Federal flat nose SP long colt.

I'll shoot in from time to time.....I guess I'm now a "dipshit"for being in possesion of one of these.

Had to share......though after looking into ammo selection of the .45 colt not to shabby on performance some rival ACP and 44mag loads, I'll try different loads settle on one get a box load the gun and stash it in the clock on the wall (that hides a gun too).

Not to bad on accuracy out to 7yards....furthest I plan shooting it.

410 buck/bird shot will be reserved for skunk, armadillo and other crtter ridence on the family land....
    Last edited by Breadstick; 10-25-11 at 19:05.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Breadstick View Post
    Coming home from an outing my father asked me to stop by his house on my way home.

Get there he takes me into the garage and hands me a box as say "here s little somthing I got ya" Cool, I thought it a gun I can tell by the weight.

Opened the box and there sit a Taurus Public Defender

THanks Dad! While inside I was like WTF! of all the firearms I've mentioned I'd like and in that price range I get one of these......I appriciate the gesture...but....*sigh*

He gave me several boxs of 410, and Federal flat nose SP long colt.

I'll shoot in from time to time.....I guess I'm now a "dipshit"for being in possesion of one of these.

Had to share......though after looking into ammo selection of the .45 colt not to shabby on performance some rival ACP and 44mag loads, I'll try different loads settle on one get a box load the gun and stash it in the clock on the wall (that hides a gun too).

Not to bad on accuracy out to 7yards....furthest I plan shooting it.

410 buck/bird shot will be reserved for skunk, armadillo and other crtter ridence on the family land....

It is the thought that counts.

C4

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    The gesture is all that matters. I lost my Father 5 years ago, he was my best friend & I miss the ornery old fart everyday.

I promise that silly Taurus will be one of your most cherished belongings someday.

Besides, they actually make a decent snake gun, if you live around rattlesnakes?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Put it in a box with pictures of your Pop, you wont have him forever. I would like to have one for frog giggin.

Feedback Score
    Yes, I agree.

He has in the past, given me two mint Baby Brownings I hold very close.

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    Congratulations Dipshit!

Ok, ok, there was no way I couldn't write that. Seriously though. Anything your dad gives you far outweighs any opinion anywhere.

Now how about an actual range report on it? I mean have we ever actually had anyone put a significant number or rounds through one of these to see how it performs?
    Sig Sauer LE Armorer
    Glock LE Armorer
    Colt AR15/M16 Armorer
    T.O.S.S. (Tactical Officer Survival School) inst. Tom Long
    Vicker's Tactical Pistol 1 & 2 Carbine 1 Advanced carbine Inst. Larry Vickers
    Intermediate pistol Inst. Ken Hackathorn
    Combat Speed Inst. Dave Harrington
    Performance Pistol Inst. Frank Proctor

Feedback Score
    I know this is M4C and all, but it really is ok to own guns that aren't intended for serious use. So have some fun with it and think of your dad when you do. Do a review on it as one mentioned, then if your dad asks about it you can tell him honestly you ran it through it's paces and reviewed it for others. He might get a kick out of that.
    Admittedly, I'm one of those guys who wants one just for the novelty of it. It's a ways down the list yet, though.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Very cool. You should be happy.

At least he thought to get you something.

It was my Birthday last week, My dad gave me a text message

lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Split66 View Post
    I wouldnt listen to BCMjunkie. His brown camo clashes like hell with his surroundings. His surroundings are obviously pinkish and lacey and have big hooties.

Instagram Dangertastic
    Danger@Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/m41979/

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    On some occasions, people shouldn't actually post what is on their mind.

I mean to say, it is enlightening, but...........
    "I'm not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The... tactleneck! - Sterling Archer"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important
    than one's fear. The timid presume it is lack of fear that allows the brave to act when the timid do not."

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I would say he did you just fine. May not be the ideal weapon, but it is still a thoughtful gift.
    "Intelligence is not the ability to regurgitate information. It is the ability to make sound decisions on a consistent basis "--me

"Just remember, when you are talking to the average person, you are talking to a television set"--RDJB

One Big Ass Mistake America

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast