Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Father thought he did me good.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Abraxas View Post
    I would say he did you just fine. May not be the ideal weapon, but it is still a thoughtful gift.
    Exactly...it was very nice of him...it just struck me funny. Come to find out he got himself one too, and got Crimson trace lasers for it.

It's his anti-skunk gun he says all he loads it with is 410 shot.

I'm more interested in the .45colt side of it. Most likely all I'll shoot from it, from 185gr all the way to 300gr. With all kinds of FPS, and bullet types in between.

I just might do range report of this gun, didn't think about that.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    My brother-in-law has one. It actually shoots the .45 colt stuff pretty well, just like most any revolver, but the .410 shot shells are pretty much useless outside of 15 ft.

It makes a good snake killer, but the pattern at 15 ft was about an 18" spread and there aren't a whole lot of pellets in a .410.

Now skunks, 10-15 ft is too close for this guy! I'd go with the .45's for stink kitty's.

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    I noticed last weekend that my local Wal Mart is stocking .45 Colt ammunition so it might not be too hard to pick some up in your area.
    Sig Sauer LE Armorer
    Glock LE Armorer
    Colt AR15/M16 Armorer
    T.O.S.S. (Tactical Officer Survival School) inst. Tom Long
    Vicker's Tactical Pistol 1 & 2 Carbine 1 Advanced carbine Inst. Larry Vickers
    Intermediate pistol Inst. Ken Hackathorn
    Combat Speed Inst. Dave Harrington
    Performance Pistol Inst. Frank Proctor

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My Dad was in the "old Patrol" (Border Patrol, 1940) and did two hitches in the Army (Pre-WWII and Patton's Third Army). He indulged my teenage interest in guns and got me a DCM 1911 for Christmas, 1960. But he had some quirks when it came to guns, too. When he wanted a house gun in his 60s he definitely wanted a "snubnose". So I got him a nice S&W M60 2" and some good hollow point loads for it. Every couple of years I would check and reoil the gun. He very carefully kept it loaded with some 158 LRN ammo he had come up with in the meantime. Definitely old school.

He passed on in 2005 at the age of 94, still sharp as a tack. I miss him every day, quirks and all.

Your Dad sounds like a Good Guy too.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Spoiled brat is my take on your whole post.
    "After I shot myself, my training took over and I called my parents..." Texas Grebner

"Take me with a grain of salt, my sarcasm does not relate well over the internet"

Jonathan Morehouse

Feedback Score
    yeah, came across that way, after rereading it sure does......

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Nah, don't pick on the guy, I know how he feels. I was given a really expensive gift one time (not identified so as to not confuse the issue) by my dad that is totally not what I would have chosen for myself, and I both felt touched he would give me such a thing and chagrined that if he was going to spend that kind of money he should have known which one I actually wanted.

doesn't mean dude is a brat or a piece of shit, just telling the truth. And as long as he doesn't ever let his dad know, it's perfectly fine to say it to your online acquaintances, imo.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Be glad you still have your father. Many of us no longer do.

Nice spoiled brat attitude about what he does with his money while thinking of you is not good enough.

I would give everything I have to have my Dad back.
    "...as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it." - Founding Father Thomas Paine

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by QuietShootr View Post
    by my dad that is totally not what I would have chosen for myself, and I both felt touched he would give me such a thing and chagrined that if he was going to spend that kind of money he should have known which one I actually wanted.
    Yep, I appreciated it, and will treat the gun with extra care.

I'm sure I'll feel the same way nightgunner.

I told him years back if it gets to the point he can no longer care for himself I'll be right there to take care of him.

We joke about things like, if you watch our dog this weekend that's an extra couple diaper changes.... or he'll say I'll do this for you if you can give me an extra sponge bath. We always gets a chuckle out of it.
    Last edited by Breadstick; 10-26-11 at 07:52.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightgunner View Post
    Be glad you still have your father. Many of us no longer do.

Nice spoiled brat attitude about what he does with his money while thinking of you is not good enough.

I would give everything I have to have my Dad back.
    +1 to this.

Plus ANY free gun is a good thing. Hell gimme a free hi-point and I'll find some way to have fun with it. The judge isn't really that bad of a gun. Just not a world ender like a lot of folks claim it to be. Like you said .45 long colt is a nice round.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast