Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Father thought he did me good.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    It is the thought that counts.

C4

I use that phrase often in situations where I've inflicted something terrible on someone.
    NOT in training for combat deployment.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Got two gifts from my Dad last Christmas...

One was a 500rd case of Brown Bear 55gr FMJ .223, which we proceeded to burn up together.

The other one, infinitely priceless, is a three-hour .mp3 recording my brother got of him that Christmas night of him sitting by the fireplace telling my mom, my brother, and me his entire life story up until my brother was born (who is five years older than me). Things we'd never heard before, not even Mom. Stuff he'd never told anyone. Over the course I'd had four or so glasses of egg nog, and at the end was still completely sober, in awe of this guy that I never even realized I'd taken for granted. That recording is something that I plan to have professionally mastered (as well as possible), transcripted, and possibly even write it up as a biography--it's that incredible.

Before he went, he also gave me his 1903A3 that I'd built for him on his 60th birthday, his favorite rifle since his high school ROTC days. Its first time out, he shot a 3/4MOA group with irons despite him not having touched one for 42 years.

I can say for absolute certain he's in a better place now.
    Sent from the future using Squid Telepathy

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    If we could control all the variables, we'd just put all the bad luck on our enemies and stay home.

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    That's beyond awesome.
    Sig Sauer LE Armorer
    Glock LE Armorer
    Colt AR15/M16 Armorer
    T.O.S.S. (Tactical Officer Survival School) inst. Tom Long
    Vicker's Tactical Pistol 1 & 2 Carbine 1 Advanced carbine Inst. Larry Vickers
    Intermediate pistol Inst. Ken Hackathorn
    Combat Speed Inst. Dave Harrington
    Performance Pistol Inst. Frank Proctor

Feedback Score
    The pops got me a box of Federal .45colt yesterday, which I tend to do a range report with next weekend when we go out to the land. I went and got some reactive targets too.

I tend to mainly only shoot .45colt through it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy196 View Post
    I use that phrase often in situations where I've inflicted something terrible on someone.
    That was my defence after my girlfriend and I tried to find a candidate for a three-some who turned out to be a dude.

We bailed. She made fun of me for picking a dude.

Not the first time that happened. I shit you not. **** Japan.
    Last edited by Magic_Salad0892; 11-05-11 at 20:10.
    We miss you, AC.
    We miss you, ToddG.

Feedback Score
    I only met my Dad once before he died.

He gave me a 1950 production Colt 1911 that his dad gave him as as graduation present.

I don't have the pistol now, as I gifted it to my 17 year old brother in CA.

He needed a father more than I did, and I felt he earned it more.

At least the thought was sweet. However, if my Dad had given me a Hi-Point...

Lmao. I'd still be a little irritated.

I forgot what the original intent of my post was.
    We miss you, AC.
    We miss you, ToddG.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I lost my dad thirteen years ago. The last present he gave me was the most ass ugly shirt you have ever seen. I never wear it, but it means a lot to me. It hangs in my closet and reminds me of him.
    Join Gun Owners of America Here

Fear causes hesitation and hesitation will cause your worst fears to come true. - The Bodasafa

Feedback Score
    I lost my dad this last February and I still have the Glock 27 he gave me when I graduated from law enforcement school. He was never a Glock guy and always said "Why would I want a gun I can clean in the dishwasher!!" I still have the guy and will carry it as a backup when I get hired. A little piece of him with me every day.

Feedback Score
    My sentiment is similar to many others I’ve read here, it’s the thought that counts. Reminds me of the gold colored tie my kids gave me one year for father’s day when they were quite little. They had written on it with glitter paint saying “We love you Daddy” and their names. I even “had” to wear it once. It still hangs on the tie rack, reminding me of that time in our lives and I wouldn’t part with it.
    Keep it, if nothing else as a reminder of your dad’s thoughtfulness and love.
    Last edited by Mark/MO; 11-06-11 at 09:16. Reason: spelling

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Breadstick View Post

Opened the box and there sit a Taurus Public Defender
    LOL. I'd say 'it's the thought that counts', but it's a Taurus Public Defender! You can't sell or trade it either, so you're screwed. I have a S&W .380 Sigma I was given the person thought was doing be good too. It sits in the safe year after year. It happens.
    Last edited by WillBrink; 11-06-11 at 09:28.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast