Thread: BCM SS410 target...

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

BCM SS410 target...

Took a few of my rifles to a 100 yard indoor range today to really see what they can do with no wind.

The following group is an average 10 shot group for the day. Some were slightly smaller and some were slightly larger.

The rifle was rested on a pillow up front and shoulder supported in the rear (no rear bag).

Rifle: BCM SS410 18''
    Optic: SWFA SS 3-9
    Ammunition: BH 77Gr SMK Red Box .223
    Distance: 100 yards (10 shots)

The purpose of the tape is to provide a smaller aiming point.

Whoever keeps on propagating the myth that BCM's Stainless Barrels won't shoot because they're not Wylde chambered is way off the mark.

Last edited by a0cake; 10-26-11 at 21:13. Reason: Edited to correct ammunition.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Yeah well, if that thing had been a Wylde chamber you wouldn't have missed the tape.

Nice shooting. Who says you have to have a Wylde chamber for an accurate gun??? They obviously forgot to tell NATO that...

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    BCM uses the SAM-R chamber which is pretty similar to the Wylde. There are quite a few variations that bridge the gap between .223 and 5.56MM.

Do you have a measurement of the 10 ring diameter? Like the white ring from side to side?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Belmont31R View Post
    BCM uses the SAM-R chamber which is pretty similar to the Wylde. There are quite a few variations that bridge the gap between .223 and 5.56MM.

Do you have a measurement of the 10 ring diameter? Like the white ring from side to side?
    I'm tracking on the USMC SAM-R chamber. Quite a few people claim that it has less accuracy potential than the Wylde. While that may theoretically be true, I don't feel disadvantaged by it. Hence the comment.

The 10 ring is 1.75'' in diameter. That is what I used to calibrate the software, resulting in the 0.543 MOA / 0.569'' reading .
    Last edited by a0cake; 10-26-11 at 21:16.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    These barrels are some of the most accurate on the market.

C4

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by a0cake View Post
    I'm tracking on the USMC SAM-R chamber. Quite a few people claim that it has less accuracy potential than the Wylde. While that may theoretically be true, I don't feel disadvantaged by it. Hence the comment.

The 10 ring is 1.75'' in diameter. That is what I used to calibrate the software, resulting in the 0.543 MOA / 0.569'' reading .

I don't remember anyone posting any factual data about any accuracy differences between the various niche chambers. Certainly quite a few people and companies have seen room for improvement over 5.56, and its one of those things I don't think you can really go wrong with any of them. Ive owned two guns with Wylde chambers which shot some sub MOA 10 shot groups, no reliability issues with a wide variety of ammo, and were about all you can ever ask for in a gun.

At any rate hopefully you can keep duplicating those groups and keep us updated on how it goes. Wish I had an indoor range to test stuff out with. At the range I shoot at there are usually 10-15MPH winds and its often worse than that.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Belmont31R View Post
    I don't remember anyone posting any factual data about any accuracy differences between the various niche chambers. Certainly quite a few people and companies have seen room for improvement over 5.56, and its one of those things I don't think you can really go wrong with any of them. Ive owned two guns with Wylde chambers which shot some sub MOA 10 shot groups, no reliability issues with a wide variety of ammo, and were about all you can ever ask for in a gun.

At any rate hopefully you can keep duplicating those groups and keep us updated on how it goes. Wish I had an indoor range to test stuff out with. At the range I shoot at there are usually 10-15MPH winds and its often worse than that.
    Yeah I haven't seen any empirical data either. Just the usual " X is better than Y" comments. I don't know enough about chamber geometry and how it affects accuracy to make an informed decision outside of actually shooting the damn things.

From what I can tell, the Wylde, Noveske Match Mod 0, and SAM-R chambered platforms are all working out fine on their respective platforms.

The indoor range is great for shooting groups in absolute still air. Waiting for the target board to stop swinging back and forth after you send it down range on the cable is another story. Pain in the ass, but worth the wait.
    Last edited by a0cake; 10-26-11 at 21:35.

Feedback Score

My BCM 18 inch SS410. I expect it to group closer to .5 MOA at 100 yds, these shot groups are sloppy and it's my fault. I've shot it out to 318 meters and it performed as expected, no pictures though.

Great barrel in my opinion.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    nasty build, bro. thumbs up.
    Acta Non Verba