Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Training schools in ohio

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Training schools in ohio

It seems like every school I find is west coast. I was wondering if anyone knows of a good reputable school in the Ohio state or maybe one of the surrounding states. I know that some companies like magpul travel, but I was just wondering since it would be nice to get in somewhere and have a solid place to attend yearly.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Options I'm aware of:
    Grant used to have a once a month course in NE Ohio.

I also just emailed Jay about his VSM classes in Eastern PA. About a 3hr drive from central OH.
    http://www.lowspeed-highdrag.com/

Dave M also runs classes in OH
    http://milcopptactical.com/

and TDI is down near Cinci.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Beautiful man. Have you been to TDI at all? I wouldn't mind driving 3 hours for a school. That's not too bad. I know of a bunch of people who are trying to run training courses. I just don't wanna spend money on some guy who watched DVDs to train me

ALso if Grants gonna run a class I am gonna go!
    Last edited by St.Michael; 10-28-11 at 16:34.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    tdi is a great school. david bowie is a class act. highly recommended.
    Acta Non Verba

Feedback Score
    Just finished up my third class at TDI. Nothing but good on these guys. Definitely worth your time to check them out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave L. View Post
    I'm reminded of my lefthandedness every time I shoot a belt-fed with short sleeves on.

Feedback Score
    Chappy with LMS and Pat Rogers with EAG teach at Alliance Ohio usually several times a year. Alliance has a shoothouse also.
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I've trained with EAG Tactical and LMS Defense in Alliance, OH for several classes including Shoot House and No Light courses.

I've also taken 2 carbine classes at TDI-Ohio, they have a better facility as far as the ranges go.

Both are solid places to train with good people. Depending on your travel considerations, Alliance has more options for hotels and dining.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Awesome guys, thank you very much for the info
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Don't count on anything you don't sleep with attached to your body to be present when you have to fight for your life.
    I will never get to train as much as I want to. So when I do I need to make it count.
    F@ck Yolo. Bangarang!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    There aren't as many options in Ohio since a couple big-name ranges shut their doors a while back here. However, munch520 mentioned a name that I happen to be quite familiar with

Though many of our classes are now conducted out of state (SC in particular) we still do classes in central Ohio (though not as many as before). We have a couple of AAR's on this site if you want to check them out.
    Dave Merrill
    Terrible Technical Writer. Awful Photographer. Lazy Instructor. Kind of a dick.
    Loves Tacos.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Hopefully I can get an AAR up for you all at some point in 2012. Been wanting to schedule some training with you guys for a while - I'll check your schedule out

ETA: the increasing lack of ranges here, especially outdoor, is getting depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_M View Post
    There aren't as many options in Ohio since a couple big-name ranges shut their doors a while back here. However, munch520 mentioned a name that I happen to be quite familiar with

Though many of our classes are now conducted out of state (SC in particular) we still do classes in central Ohio (though not as many as before). We have a couple of AAR's on this site if you want to check them out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast