Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What to do with SP101

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar View Post
    Hang onto it. You never know if you might need a loaner to someone who isn't a gun person and needs something dead nuts simple and reliable.
    Here here. I have an SP101 with a 3", and it was my first carry gun. After I wisened up and got a G19 and an LCR as a BUG, my SP101 was demoted to the safe. I struggled to find a use for it, but couldn't part with it for sentimental reasons (took my ccw with it, first ever purchased handgun, etc).

Then I started up camping/hiking again, and with the recent sightings of cougars and bears in my area, I decided I needed to bring something potent with me. I slipped a hogue grip on it and loaded with with 180 gr hardcast and voila!....my new hiking gun was born.

Keep it around. You never know what kind of use you will find for it.
    Let me tell you about the first rule of holes:

"When you find yourself in one, stop digging."

Feedback Score
    FWIW, I'd keep it and carry it now and then.

Even if I didn't carry it often enough, I'd still keep it.

What about it being one of your in home self-defense guns?

Feedback Score
    If it has sentimental value keep it..you will regret it down the road if you sell it...I have sold many guns over the years and the few that had sentimental value I would take back in a heartbeat if I ever came across them again....still kicking myself for some of them

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)

Keep it

That little SP woun't go bad like some leftovers in the back of the fridge. Keep it around for a rainy day if you really need the money. What do you think you could trade it for if the SHTF? Lots more than some wads of greenbacks to use as toilet paper.

Feedback Score
    Keep it! The SP-101 is a good pistol. True, it's not really a secondary; but, then again, it can be used with a lightweight suit or casual clothing as an effective primary handgun with a very low carry profile.

My wife usually carries mine inside her (shoulder) purse; but I've, also, been know to wear it on my belt to public events and family functions where one of my larger pistols wouldn't be well accepted if discovered.

The SP-101 is heavy; but it's a genuine, 'bear of a gun' that can be fired until it's too hot to handle and, yet, it never misses a beat! Definitely a very tough, somewhat heavy, little 357 Magnum weapon. Mine will never be for sale; and besides there are, also, times when having another pistol to carry helps to fight off the handgun, 'boredom factor'. (If you know what I mean!)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I received an email from Ruger last week announcing they were introducing a new SP101 w/ 4.2" barrel in both .357 Mag. and .22 LR. Here's the link: http://www.ruger.com/products/sp101/models.html

And Marc at Gemini Customs is shipping my SP101 home on Monday. I'm looking forward to getting my "new" gun back!

Feedback Score
    SP101 is a quality durable pisstol.

Feedback Score
    52 (98%)
    Keep it.

I've always thought of it as a fairly useless gun but I love mine. I only shoot it about once a year but it's an amazingly easy gun to shoot well.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234