Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What to do with SP101

Feedback Score

Keep It

Mine is about 6" from me at the moment. I hadn't had a revolver in so long(2000, when my old job switched to Glocks for our duty weapon)that I purchased my SP101 in July. I love it. I can agree with you, it's NOT exactly BUG material because of weight,but I do carry it as my EDC when I don't think(or feel)I need my G19. My advice: Hold on to it..you might find that it fits a niche in your EDC rotation. I was EDC'ing a G19 in the warm weather and my Colt OM when it gets cold..now the 101 is found on me more than the G19. Can't explain it exactly..just like the feel of this piece!
    "WE DEAL IN LEAD FRIEND.", Steve McQueen,THe Magnificent Seven
    82d Abn(1983-86)/OIF 2007-08
    Colt Gov't & OM / G19 & 26/SP101
    Retired NYS LEO/NRA Life Member

Feedback Score
    Hell, REVOLVERS are Ol'School and Ol'School IS COOL!
    "WE DEAL IN LEAD FRIEND.", Steve McQueen,THe Magnificent Seven
    82d Abn(1983-86)/OIF 2007-08
    Colt Gov't & OM / G19 & 26/SP101
    Retired NYS LEO/NRA Life Member

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by old grunt View Post
    Hell, REVOLVERS are Ol'School and Ol'School IS COOL!
    And; "There's No School Like The Old School!"

I've been looking at the SP101 for quite a while now.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pk14 View Post
    Great choice! Marc does fantastic work:

For the OP - I kept the -101 for my wife to have when I couldn't get her to go to the range with a traditional semi-auto pistol I felt comfortable using / carrying and practice. It's about as simple as it can get.

Cheers,
    Pk
    I've seen their work, and it is beautiful.

And I wish a lot more guys would buy a J frame or SP101, load it with wadcutters and give it to their wife/girlfriend/daughter/mother, instead of the Glocks, 1911's, Blackhawk .357's and .44 Mags, etc., I see them at the range with, trying to get them to shoot, when it's clear they're terrified, and they have no aptitude, or interest in learning to run the gun. A J or SP101, a trigger job, and an hour or two of reasonable instruction, and they'd not only be safer, they'd be in a much better position to protect themselves.

I've long held a theory that a lot of men give their wives inappropriate guns, with little to no instruction, knowing they won't achieve competence with it, because it feeds their own egos that they're the only "gunfighter" in the house. Youtube is full of videos of guys handing women large caliber guns with hot loads, and then laughing their asses off when they fire it for the first time. Makes me want to bitchslap the little punks, and then teach her to shoot better than he does.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I have two of them squirreled away in the house...I check them once a year when I change my Aimpoint batteries...keep it, solid as hell little pistol, and as long as you don't HAVE to carry it, then it makes a great spare

Feedback Score
    I've had both the 2 1/4" and a couple of the 3 1/16" SP101's. The three inch is one of my absolute favorite "using" handguns. Just not much you can do to hurt it, plus, it handles hot loads with ease. To the OP, if you don't HAVE to sell it, don't. You'll most likely be sorry later.

Skip

Feedback Score
    I love mine and carry it. I bought it for shits and giggles one day browsing Davidson's. I had the idea of carrying it, but was really just attracted to its smooth lines, .
    If I were you, I'd throw it in the glove box (local laws permitting) or on top of a book case like others have said. Should go without saying to keep that serial number on hand, JIC your car gets knocked over though.
    Last edited by DasBulk; 11-23-11 at 20:41.
    “Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.” Khalil Gibran

Feedback Score
    Another vote for keep it.

They're great little revolvers, and you never know if/when you might need a spare backup.
    Last edited by novaDAK; 11-24-11 at 18:36.

Feedback Score
    Keep it.

As to the weight of the SP i don't have a problem with it. I have carried one for over 13 years as my back up on my ankle. I think with the right holster it is barely noticed as much as a larger polymer gun would be.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    The SP101 is a nice compact pistol. IMHO I would keep it. I sold my SP101 a few years back and I regret it. There have been a few occasions where it would have been easier to carry and conceal the SP101's small foot print while keeping the large caliber. Now that I am thinking about it I may just have to get another one .

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast