Thread: Blackwater IO Low Profile Rig, any good?

Feedback Score

Blackwater IO Low Profile Rig, any good?

Hi guys, I am new here.

I am looking for a low profile chest rig that carries less than 6 AR15 magazines.

I am wondering about this one http://www.optactical.com/bliolowprrac.html

I tried a search but came up empty, does anyone have any experience with this rig?

Thanks.

Geoffrey.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have one. If you use it, you MUST use the provided velcro straps. Otherwise your mags fall out. Its a decent rig for the price, but that being said I am still looking for a different one. You can tell it was made with price economy in mind. The mags aren't separated by anything but a small strip at the top.

So, basically, it is a pocket with a strip sewn in for the top of the mags.

Feedback Score
    Ive not used that rig, but I am not impressed with the BW gear. I have one of their rucks which the PALS loops pulled out before I had ever had it loaded and out to the jeep. The grenade and suppressor pouches are cheaply made and Im sure they will fall apart with any real use. To be perfectly honest ive seen better gear made for Airsoft use.
    Life is too short to deal with Blonde women, or carbine barrels over 10.5 inches

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If memory serves, the Blackwater gear was being made by Uncle Mikes. If that's still correct, issues are not unexpected.

The Eagle rig is 10x the kit, for only a wee bit more.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    Thanks guys,

I think I will go with Eagle instead.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I also have to put in a plug for the Eagle chest rigs. I have three different ones and they are all great. If you are not interested in the Eagle rigs, I would then look at the Tactical Tailor MAV rig. It is great as well.

Feedback Score
    I'll probably get banned for suggesting this, but Blackhawk makes a lo-profile chest rig that holds 4 mags...and has some decent pouches.

Feedback Score
    Another thumbs-up for the TT MAV. I have the split version, and it is very low drag.

You might look at the DBT Battlelab "low vis rack" too. I have 2 of them, and I feel that they are a bit better than the TT unit, even.