Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This is where I shoot my AR-15

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bp7178 View Post
    IIRC....67 Gun Club goes out to 300 yards.

I've been wanting to get a membership at either 67 or Arnold Gun Club. The conservation ranges are wearing me thin. Cheap, but I always feel like i'm being rushed.
    Yes it does... I should have been more clear or detailed in my desc for those that have not been to either...

67 G.C. has Steel Gongs at 100, 200 and 300 as well as the normal (tad smaller) backers to staple targets on at like 25, 50, 75,100, 200, 300...

When I said 67 was smaller I ment foot print or areas size...

When you pull in ARPC, you drive in several hundred yards of woods and such, then you come to the Archery range,

drive a few hundred more yards and you come to the Trap Stands, drive a bit further you come to the 1st of 3 Rifle ranges (ARPCs only get out too a 100 at longest),

then you come the Large Combat Pit as mentioned above,

then the ""Bullseye range (Pistol and RimFire rifle only)

then the (I think there are) 6 pistol/combat bays,

then to the 5 Stand Shot gun setup (not sure what 5 stand is, like skeet or trap),

then the Skeet range,

then the Shot gun Pattering range,

the Air Rifle range,

then you got that whole big Cowboy/SAS range area thats like a small town... Yet to shoot at it though... Need LED bullets... Nothing that will perforate all the steel targets...

Compared to most places its a decent sized place.

At 67 Gun Club, you pull in the driveway round the bend, you have the Pistol stand area, with moveable target stands, at every few yardages, then the two rifle range areas....

In comparison, its pretty small and fills up quick...

Don't take that in bad way, I really like the place... I'm going there either Sat or Sunday... With a friend that lives close by it...

I keep a membership to each... I shoot ARPC on weekends when I'm here and 67 Gun Club for weekends at the Cabin....

I enjoy these two ranges so much better than the State ran ones I used to go too... Like Bushes Wildlife, Reifschneider and Logan...

NRA Patron Life Member

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Plus 67 is maybe half the price, but you get a lot for your money at AGC.

I've been going to the Antire conservation range, Jay Henges I think they call it now. Its a steal at $3 an hour, but I always feel rushed.

My best target so far....5 shots of .223 55gr Hornady VMAX. It comes in 50 round boxes, but has the same nickel case as the 55gr TAP load. Denny Dennis sells it for a decent price.

The 55gr Hornady VMAX is amazing. What is odd is that 75gr 5.56mm TAP requires no windage correction, but the 55gr VMAX needs three clicks to bring the group right. What I did was click the wrong direction, hence the distance from the bullseye.

I don't see too many AR15s at the conservation range, and sometimes the signal to noise ratio is a bit high.
    Last edited by bp7178; 11-18-11 at 22:30.

Feedback Score
    27 (97%)
    Quote Originally Posted by smullen View Post
    Yes it does... I should have been more When you pull in ARPC, you drive in several hundred yards of woods and such, then you come to the Archery range,
    Or you could just watch the videos I posted. Hello?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12