Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Rethinking VFG's?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Edwards View Post
    His statement was simple, "my support hand has NEVER gotten tired during a gunfight." I'd call that something to ponder.

Matt
    Valid point if every one here were in "combat."

Some of us operate in the civilian world where pointing a gun at the problem (sometimes for a decent amount of time) happens a lot more than shooting it.
    NOT in training for combat deployment.

Feedback Score
    Lumpy,

I understand your point, but that does not make my (his) point less valid. Either way my had or my "grip" will be out front no matter what the "mission."

Jeff,
    I've always use the KAC issue rail and rail covers. It to keeps you hand confortable with out gloves. For me, the tango down grips make the gun a little fatter. That was an issue for my little paws.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Edwards View Post

Jeff,
    I've always use the KAC issue rail and rail covers. It to keeps you hand confortable with out gloves. For me, the tango down grips make the gun a little fatter. That was an issue for my little paws.

Matt,

Roger that. It all comes down to personal preference. I'm 5'06" and wear a size small glove. I prefer larger handguards (ie. Colt M4 double heat shield handguards, LaRue rails + Tango Down pannels, CavArms fat handguards, etc).

An issue a person may run into with the KAC pannels on a very hot gun is (depending on hand placement), the metal tabs at the end of the KAC pannels can transfer heat thus making it uncomfortable to hold onto the fore end (my response was to Rusted Ace in reference to not using a vertical foregrip on a very hot gun).

"The advantages of the Tango Down pannels is they are thicker than any other rail pannel on the market, made of plastic, with no metal parts"

Semper Fi,
    Jeff

Feedback Score
    Thanks Jeff,
    I'll admit, although I've never had the issue, all my "tabs" are to the front. Just to be safe, I'll turn them around. (good call)

Like I mentioned, I just got a Scout light from a freind. I have no idea how to use it unless I hang my VFG (in which case I'd put it on the 3) I'm pondering as to weather or not changeing my grip for a better light would be warrented. I like a stream lined gun, the way I have it set up now is hard to beat. Thoughts?
    Thanks,
    Matt

Feedback Score
    All of this talk about foregrips and position of the support hand had me thinking last night. I still wasn't really comfy with the placement of the light on the left side rail (7:00-ish). As an experiment, I flipped the mount (viking tactics of course) and now the light is more at 11:00-ish. Now I can get my old finger and thumb pointing forward more easily and I can actually reach the light more easily too.

I'm now seeing the utility of a short foregrip too. I believed before, but now I am starting to know for myself.

Feedback Score
    That is where I have mine. It works well with or without a VFG.
    I guess I'm gonna have to get a "stubby" and try it out...maybe.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213