Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dressing Game knife

Feedback Score

Dressing Game knife

Hey guys,
    I'm looking for a good knife used for dressing. Something that can be supper sharp and small. I don't think it needs to be a big knife for this purpose.

Thanks
    R
    "In the end, it is not about the hardware, it's about the "software". Amateurs talk about hardware (equipment), professionals talk about software (training and mental readiness)" Lt. Col. Dave Grossman. On Combat

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Buy an $18-$40 Mora Knife; easy to sharpen, lightweight, and cheap. The stainless is obviously more maintenance free when dealing with blood, but their carbon/Triflex blades will probably hold an edge longer.
    Here is a good selection:
    http://www.traditionalwoodworker.com.../products/731/

I have a Bushmaster Triflex, Orange Stainless Clipper (now the Companion), and the Army Stainless. I carry the super bright orange Clipper/Companion out with me hunting...impossible to lose.

*I drill a hole in the bottom of all the handles and run a 550-cord lanyard through them.
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Feedback Score
    thanks, that's what I was looking for.

R>
    "In the end, it is not about the hardware, it's about the "software". Amateurs talk about hardware (equipment), professionals talk about software (training and mental readiness)" Lt. Col. Dave Grossman. On Combat

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rickp View Post
    thanks, that's what I was looking for.

R>
    Rick,
    Check out this thread about Mora's:
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=74588
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I use the 3" blade on my Leatherman. The small blade is just the right size to field-dress a deer and the stainless tool steal blade holds an edge like a knife that cost 10x as much.

Feedback Score
    Thats good to know since i have one. Thanks

Feedback Score
    I have been using my Leatherman Wave for dressing deer for several years and it works great.

Feedback Score
    I use a Wyoming knife I have the smaller one and it works great light weight small enough to put on ur belt and not even notice it. I have been using one of these for over 15 years now. Works great on large and small game.

http://www.wyomingknife.com/knives.htm
    WFD
    EMR
    FF

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Take a look at Knives of Alaska

http://www.knivesofalaska.com/

Feedback Score
    I'm a really big fan of the Buck Diamondback knives. My dad and I process a lot of animals each year and that's all we use for skinning. There is a big model and a small model. I like the small one, since it's more versatile. It's tricky trying to skin and cut up a squirrel with a big knife, but the small version works great. If you really want to see how good your skinning knife is, skin a wild hog. Most cheap knives won't make it through one without having to sharpen it before you're finished. I've skinned 3 with one knife without ever having to hit a stone.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast