Took my SLR-106F out for the first test yesterday at Knob Creek. Ran about 200 rounds of Wolf 52 Grain H.P. through it with zero malfunctions. I was using the Arsenal 20 round smoke magazine and a couple of Bulgarian 30 Rounders. My first impresions are extremely favorable. It is the first rifle I have ever had that actually depresses the muzzle insead of climbing with firing.

We set an E-Type at 100 yards and it was zeroed perfectly from the factory. All shots from the first mag were centered in the chest area. I was shooting with front elbow resting on the bench. Not really shooting for accuracy, but just wanted to make sure the sights were on. Trigger is actually quite good, with great reset. Then moved on to a bowling pin at 40 or so yards. Kept it hopping as fast as I could pull the trigger. Thought it was pretty good for iron sights.

I have done the following mods so far:

- Folding Triangle Stock
- DS Arms FAL Para Padded Rail Rest
- Ultimak Gas Tube
- Saw Grip - I really love the feel of this grip in my hand, very solid.
- Verifoce Tactical Aluminum rail forend on the way

Once the Forend comes in, I will reinstall the ultimak and install the aimpoint comp M2 in the SA ring like Templars. I then have a pentagon light that I will mount on the right side. and can actuate with my R thumb with a mag hold. ( I'm a lefty ). I experimented with the Larue setup on the Ultimak, but it seemed to really block my vision of the target during reassesment.

During the cleanup I noticed a few things:

- Wolf Ammo is dirty and produces a lot of carbon
- The Flash Hider wasn't fully tightned and prduced a lot of carbon at the front of the muzzle/barrel. Got it of with Carbon Killer.
- Tightened the hider by using a lever one mor revolution - hopefully this will help with the barrel end carbon.
- No finish problems noticed with the first cleaning.

John