Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Prepping periodicals. . .

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PA PATRIOT View Post
    I have been looking for the American Survival Guide in several locations and it appears not to be sold in my area.

Is there a pay for subscription on the internet?
    In the magazines they advertise subscriptions but I can only find individual issues on the website.

http://engagedmediamags.com/outdoors...-Surviva-Guide
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gsxr-fan View Post
    A good read you should check out:

http://www.backwoodsmanmag.com/

Lots of useful information & how to's....
    Agreed, the Backwoodsman, The New Pioneer, and American Frontiersman are all geared toward the homestead/subsistence living. A lot of good info.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    I found a new magazine in a Barnes and Noble this past week called "Living Ready" seems to be a well layed out, well written magazine without the crazy factor i see in some magazines where the people are getting ready for the most outlandish situations that are highly unlikely to happen i have ever seen.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by shootist1970 View Post
    I found a new magazine in a Barnes and Noble this past week called "Living Ready" seems to be a well layed out, well written magazine without the crazy factor i see in some magazines where the people are getting ready for the most outlandish situations that are highly unlikely to happen i have ever seen.
    Have not seen that one, thanks for the heads up.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    So I don't do the whole smart phone, e-reader, tablet thing and needed some light reading material while I waited on my truck to be inspected. I picked up the June issue of S.W.A.T. (yeah I know, I know ) magazine I noticed that they are now devoting multiple articles on "prepping", in this particular issue:

• Street Smarts: Prepping Fallacies pg. 16
    • Against All Odds: Natural Disaster Clean-Up Tools pg. 20
    • Surviving An Urban Disaster: How Prepared Are You? pg. 26
    • Enemy At The Gate: Preparedness Basics pg. 36
    • Long Guns: Bayonets for Bad Times pg. 40
    • Packin' Meat: Long-Term Preservation Primer pg. 78

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    So I don't do the whole smart phone, e-reader, tablet thing and needed some light reading material while I waited on my truck to be inspected. I picked up the June issue of S.W.A.T. (yeah I know, I know ) magazine I noticed that they are now devoting multiple articles on "prepping", in this particular issue:

• Street Smarts: Prepping Fallacies pg. 16
    • Against All Odds: Natural Disaster Clean-Up Tools pg. 20
    • Surviving An Urban Disaster: How Prepared Are You? pg. 26
    • Enemy At The Gate: Preparedness Basics pg. 36
    • Long Guns: Bayonets for Bad Times pg. 40
    • Packin' Meat: Long-Term Preservation Primer pg. 78
    If I recall, a few months ago, SWAT magazine changed their masthead to read "Survival Weapons and Tactics" and mentioned going back to their survival roots.

NS88

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NoSweat88 View Post
    If I recall, a few months ago, SWAT magazine changed their masthead to read "Survival Weapons and Tactics" and mentioned going back to their survival roots.

NS88
    Ah hah, that explains it then. I don't know much about the old issues. I all know is that Larry Flint of Hustler fame use to publish it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    American Survival Guide... now there's some memories. Still got a ton of THOSE from the 1990's.

I discovered Survivalblog.com shortly after J.W. Rawles started it almost 6 years ago. It's MY on-line, go-to resource now.
    I remember that mag and have several of their issues. I have one of the first when it was called something like the american shooters survival guide. It was a great mag when Bud Lang was editing and writing.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tog View Post
    I remember that mag and have several of their issues. I have one of the first when it was called something like the american shooters survival guide. It was a great mag when Bud Lang was editing and writing.
    Any chance you'd be willing to loan your issues out to be scanned?

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    The new issue of ASG is out. I got them to carry it at the local HEB!!!! No more searching for it....
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast