Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Apex kit in a J-frame 442?

Feedback Score

Apex kit in a J-frame 442?

How is it? I like the sound of it what do you guys think? feed back would be great Please

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

J-frame Apex kit

Been using one for about 6 months now in my j-frame, probably the best money you will spend to improve trigger pull on a j-frame. The trigger pull is lighter and smoother after the install and so far mine has been reliable with several different brands of ammunition that I have tried.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wlptpd3 View Post
    Been using one for about 6 months now in my j-frame, probably the best money you will spend to improve trigger pull on a j-frame. The trigger pull is lighter and smoother after the install and so far mine has been reliable with several different brands of ammunition that I have tried.

Same for me.

Feedback Score
    Just installed Apex kit in my wife's 442 a week or two ago.
    Although I would not call it a night & day difference, it was a definite improvement.
    If I had it to do over, I'd do it again.
    Well worth the money.
    Relatively easy self-install; APEX YouTube video make self-install easy enough.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Hi all,

We will be posting new video tips on the installation soon. Well, as soon as we can get done with our new shop relocation...
    There have been some cases where contact surfaces on the rebound slide, hammer foot and cylinder stop/trigger nose cause excessive drag that can make the reset rough or sluggish. A little polishing in these areas can make a world of difference in smoothness of trigger return.

-Randy

And new kits will be available for the K,L and N frame revolvers in 2012.
    Stay tuned.
    www.apextactical.com

Feedback Score
    both my k and l frames have pretty good triggers already.

Feedback Score

Thumbs up

I installed an Apex Tactical spring kit in my 640-1 last evening. Range time tomorrow. Now this not the first time I've been inside a J frame, but the first in a Centennial. I watched the Apex youtubes on the install and they were spot on. They warned me about my big hands and small places....the firing pin spring that would stay stuck in the channel, the method to load the new spring...
    All told it took about 30 minutes from start to finish including some polishing with the Dremel and green rouge (I know no Dremel near a gun but ...)on the working surface of the rebound slide, which were chock full of machine marks. I did not polish the marks out but smoothed the surface between the marks to a near mirror shine. If I had had a bullet bob I would have polished inside the frame but alas no such thing in my kit. Even so the trigger pull improvement is remarkable. At this time the 640 is benched until I get some range timewith a variety of ammo through it.

The big lesson learned is that the Wheeler rebound slide tool available from Larry Potterfield at Midway does not work in the J frame...It is too large for the rebound slide so the small straight blade screw drivers had to suffice.
    Semper Paratus
    (Always Prepared)

Feedback Score
    Thank you all..very helpfull.

Feedback Score
    Range Report:
    50' COM shots all 9 ring or better except for a handful of bad trigger snatches a scoring ring low. At 50' I was able to put 9/10 into the head on a blue B7 target. The 10th round was a poor trigger snatch on my part right through the center of the neck. I was shooting well with 38 Spcls. Bumped up to 357 125 Gr Rem SPs and centered 5 rounds in 2" on the scoring ring 7 at 7-8 yds. Not my normal shooting with the little bugger....much better. It still is a long pull but lighter and smoother. No issues whatsoever. Well invested $25 and 1/2 hour of my time. She is back in the carry rotation.
    Semper Paratus
    (Always Prepared)

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I pocket carry mine (in a holster). Do the people who have done this pocket carry as well, or does it make the trigger too light for safe pocket carry? In your opinions.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by sacmaster; 11-14-11 at 19:41. Reason: spelling

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast