Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Apex kit in a J-frame 442?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Apex kit

You will be fine with pocket carry, I carry this way all the time. Understand the Apex kit is not creating a hair trigger at all it smooths and lightens the trigger pull out of the box. I dont have a trigger pull gauge but I would estimate the double action pull is right around 9 or 10 pounds but much smoother than factory trigger.

Feedback Score
    I have the "carry" kit in a 640 and a 642. Excellent results. I have used six different types of ammunition so far and have had 100% ignition. I was worried about that after looking at the primers when I first installed the kits, but it seems that Apex did their homework.

Everyone who has tried these revolvers at the range has been pleased at the results. I think these kits are a good value, and seem reliable. I am going to put about another 200 rounds down range just to be sure but I think they will be in use as a chl soon after!

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    I thought the videos that scott did for the installation were fine. I was able to follow them without issue when I put the kit into my 642.

And I think the OP will be quite pleased with how the pistol functions after the kit is installed. It's an excellent bit of kit. Get this with a set of Crimson Trace laser grips, and you are in quite good shape.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I just finished installing the Apex in my 16 year old 442. There is a noticeable improvement in the trigger pull. I would not say it was a dramatic difference, but better. It doesn’t stack as much right before let off and hammer has a softer hit so the sights don’t jump as much as before.
    Certified Glock Armorer

Feedback Score
    I've really been impressed withe Apex kit - a good upgrade IMHO.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    The more I dry fire it the more I like it. Maybe I can make it out to the range tomorrow and see how it shoots.
    Certified Glock Armorer

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I have a lone wolf(?) spring kit in mine but i'm interested in the apex, would there be any notable difference?

Feedback Score
    I bought a used 442 12 years ago, and the trigger is outstanding. I wonder if the previous owner had work done, as I cant imagine it being much better.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I just got finished with the installation of the APEX Kit in my M&P340. For me there is a noticeable difference in pull.
    I used the video for instructions and it was easy. I also polished the rebound slide a bit with 1200 grit sanding paper as was suggested in the video, I didn't polish it shiny...just till the surface felt a lot smoother. I'm looking forward to the new video with further instructions on the other areas that can be polished as I feel the reset could be smoother.

How about a precision machined drop-in kit Randy? One that includes a new hammer and rebound slide.

On a side note; my wife's old Model 60 stock (i think) trigger feels about the same as my M&P340 with the APEX kit.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ash View Post
    How is it? I like the sound of it what do you guys think? feed back would be great Please
    Very good. Drops several pounds off the pull weight.

We offer installation of them when you purchase a revolver from us.

C4

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast