Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LMT MWS Barrels?

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

LMT MWS Barrels?

Does anybody make a halfway affordable SS barrel the the LMT MWS?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Don't know what halfway affordable is for you, but these guys seem pretty willing to use whatever barrel you've got for their $170 conversion.

https://dbmg-llc.3dcartstores.com/MW...sion_p_33.html

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    The $170 and around $300 for a Barrel would make it much more affordable then what LMT is charging. Thanks for the link.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    I understand the do good work but you have to sacrifice your existing barrel so they can use the barrel extension on the new barrel.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bnanaphone View Post
    I understand the do good work but you have to sacrifice your existing barrel so they can use the barrel extension on the new barrel.

You send them just a regular AR15 barrel, and they convert it for use in your LMT MRP.

Feedback Score

What is wrong / application of the rifle?

Let me ask you, what is the application of your rifle. The lmt is ready to be very effective as it came out of the box.

I you need to go longer, like 1k meters, I would go with .338 Lapua Magnum cartridge rifles.

I currently own the lmt in 308 in 16" as it came out of the box the only upgrade for me was to get a vortex from miller. My application is for target up to 400 yards. For longer I use my sig ssg3k in 308 with all the bells whistles.

One of company that I have used to get excellent pipes is ar15barrels. Please let us know which route you go when you modify your rifle.
    Last edited by photo2u; 11-20-11 at 17:30.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by photo2u View Post
    Let me ask you, what is the application of your rifle. The lmt is ready to be very effective as it came out of the box.

I you need to go longer, like 1k meters, I would go with .338 Lapua Magnum cartridge rifles.

I currently own the lmt in 308 in 16" as it came out of the box the only upgrade for me was to get a vortex from miller. My application is for target up to 400 yards. For longer I use my sig ssg3k in 308 with all the bells whistles.

One of company that I have used to get excellent pipes is ar15barrels. Please let us know which route you go when you modify your rifle.
    Is Randall still doing business? He did a upper for me about ten years ago? Last I heard he wasnt doing barrels anymore.
    Last edited by mstennes; 11-20-11 at 17:43.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mstennes View Post
    Is Randall still doing business? He did a upper for me about ten years ago? Last I heard he wasnt doing barrels anymore.
    Truly, I do not know. He is just a great guy and he just happens to be local to me. If you know Randall, I am confident that you have done good research regarding your LMT. Perhaps you can help me out. I have been out of the loop for about a year. My rifle sits with hardly no modifications. I got mine about a year ago when they came out. I am in vacation from work so I am trying to see what other shooters are going with. Are you located in S. Cal? What is going to be your application for your lmt?

George from Claremont

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Sorry if cross linking isn't allowed, but this is kinda cool. Fluted Noveske barrel MWS conversion.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_120/9..._AN_OFFER.html

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mstennes View Post
    I'm not making barrels anymore.
    I am only doing service work, mostly for local people that can walk-in.
    Randall Rausch
    AR15 Barrel Guru

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast