Thread: 200 posts - can this be re-addressed

Feedback Score

200 posts - can this be re-addressed

First, I understand the need to weed out the screamin' mimi's, but it will take me years to hit 200 posts. Most of my time is spent reading, then researching, then re-reading to glean as much info as possible (strong believer in 2 ears and 1 mouth for a reason). On the rare occasion that I feel the need to respond to something...it is generally in the GD section. It is extremely frustrating.

I'm not going to lie and say I have something important to offer, but on the other hand it is sometimes much more beneficial to the learning process to be able to ask specific questions, or offer specific feedback.

Instruction without interaction is comparable to having a conversation with yourself...imo

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Sounds like it's working as intended to me...

Feedback Score
    so what you are saying is that each of your 500+ posts was well thought out, had meaning, and was beneficial to the community...just like your below comment. Based on what specifically, does your comment hold water? Because it is your opinion? It appears that the 200 post limit was intended to weed out comments like yours more than requests like mine....in which case it apparently is not working as intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Sry0fcr View Post
    Sounds like it's working as intended to me...

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    The issue was the mods getting tired of spending time in GD policing the place when most of the issues were caused with newer members with no stake in the site AND people boosting their post count so they could sell things here.

I'm sure you feel like you wouldn't be 'that guy' who messes things up for everyone else but it only takes a few, and they are generally weeded out by requiring them to have some posts in the rest of the site first before they are let loose into political threads and the like.

I personally think the quality of dialog has gone up and for the most part there aren't any issues. Far fewer locked threads and mod intervention.

Feedback Score
    Now that is a well thought out response...point taken Belmont. I cannot guarantee "I would not be that guy..." as we all have moments of stupidity, but I honestly only attempt to speak up when I feel I truly have something to offer...at present most are done through PMs, as I have no other recourse. On the other hand I understand the rationale just spelled out by Belmont, and I withdraw my request.

Quote Originally Posted by Belmont31R View Post
    The issue was the mods getting tired of spending time in GD policing the place when most of the issues were caused with newer members with no stake in the site AND people boosting their post count so they could sell things here.

I'm sure you feel like you wouldn't be 'that guy' who messes things up for everyone else but it only takes a few, and they are generally weeded out by requiring them to have some posts in the rest of the site first before they are let loose into political threads and the like.

I personally think the quality of dialog has gone up and for the most part there aren't any issues. Far fewer locked threads and mod intervention.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I would think that someone like yourself, assuming you are reading as much as you say you are, could be an asset to the "new shooter" section and increase your post count with worthwhile input.

Feedback Score
    I have thought of that, and also I have been asked to begin a fixed blade thread, but my problem with doing as such is that my information isn't practical experience. I would be regurgitating a lot of information, and I feel that my research is all subject to interpretation, and if asked what my information is based on my replies will be limited to my 1990-93 experience in USMC, and my current experience with my BCM 16" middy, my experience with my .17 HMR (I don't have any other firearms...plan to purchase a M&P soon), and the rest is based on other people's experience. I don't feel my input would be beneficial to most members of this forum.

On the other hand, I come from a long line of those that served. My father is a recently retired BG (works as VP for ground combat systems for GD), and both my grandfathers are retired Colonels (all Army cept for me). I read that article today regarding the remains of fallen soldiers being placed in a landfill, and I had zero outlet. When my dad retired he made a pledge, and took on the terrible assignment of attending many fallen soldiers funerals, as a statement to the military...."SOLDIER SURVIVABILITY IS PRIORITY #1". My dad took that from the time period he was PM for the Abrams...when soldier survivability was mission priority. I read that article, and my thoughts were that those responsible should lose both their citizenship and their freedom, if they cannot respect those that fight to provide those rights, then they should lose them.

Anyway, at least I got to vent. Thanks

Feedback Score
    I have been wondering for a while why I can never post in some of the threads. I guess they have thier reasons for that. I think some people do just put a bunch of garbage on here to get alot of posts. If you go through and look at Sry0fcr's post I bet you will find alot of garbage post just to get alot of posts.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JackFanToM View Post
    First, I understand the need to weed out the screamin' mimi's, but it will take me years to hit 200 posts. Most of my time is spent reading, then researching, then re-reading to glean as much info as possible (strong believer in 2 ears and 1 mouth for a reason). On the rare occasion that I feel the need to respond to something...it is generally in the GD section. It is extremely frustrating.

I'm not going to lie and say I have something important to offer, but on the other hand it is sometimes much more beneficial to the learning process to be able to ask specific questions, or offer specific feedback.

Instruction without interaction is comparable to having a conversation with yourself...imo

Please put on your thick skin for a second.

M4C IS NOT ABOUT THE GD FORUM! It is a 100% after thought (which is why it is at the bottom of the forum) and many here would like it to be removed. So if you are here to post in that forum, then you are most likely NOT the member we are interested in attracting. We are a technical forum about guns, gear and training. If you want to talk about politics, your wife/GF or zombies, please check out other forums that want that type of member.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shua713 View Post
    I have been wondering for a while why I can never post in some of the threads. I guess they have thier reasons for that. I think some people do just put a bunch of garbage on here to get alot of posts. If you go through and look at Sry0fcr's post I bet you will find alot of garbage post just to get alot of posts.
    We look for spammers that are attempting to do just that and ban them. So not a wise move.