Thread: Schedule A

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Schedule A

Right now I have two Form 1's sitting in a pile somewhere on Needy Rd. When I created my RLT (through my attorney that specializes in NFA) I added both of my lowers in Schedule A. He said I didn't have to list the receivers on there but I insisted anyway. I think my examiner will be Sara Jones. Someone posted their rejection paperwork signed by Jones online and IIRC, it said to add the lower onto their Schedule A.

In the future when I add additional lowers onto my Schedule A, do I just add it on there without changing the original date or do I put something along the lines of
    "added November 11, 2011: XXXX Lower, ser. # 12345"
    and then sign it with the current date?

My RLT gives me discretion to change stuff without notifying any other trustees (my brother). I just want to be sure on the proper way to change the Schedule. I'm not taking anything off, just adding.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    When I added items I simply put the items in there (make, model, serial number) and sent everything in along with the notary page and it was fine. YMMV

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've just been printing a new sheet with the updated info and then sign and date it and throw it in the trust. Been working fine for me(this was how I was told to do it). Not sure if it really matters.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 021411 View Post
    He said I didn't have to list the receivers on there but I insisted anyway.
    I agree, the idea that your trust can make an SBR without owning the lower first seems problematic.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    I agree, the idea that your trust can make an SBR without owning the lower first seems problematic.
    Correct, especially since nothing in there states an NFA intended RLT cannot own Title 1 items.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Thanks for the words guys. I updated (retyped) my schedule today and left the original date in the opening paragraph and just changed the date on the date line and signed it.
    Fingers crossed I don't run into any issues down the line.

Feedback Score
    I print off a new schedule A for each item added. First item was A-1, second A-2 etc. If multiple items sent in at once, I use the same Schedule A. So far, I've been approved every time. I include a copy of the trust with each Form 1 or 4 sent in.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    A copy of my trust goes with every Form 1/4 that goes in. Once the item is approved, I write into my schedule A that item. If another Form 1/4 is submitted, the previously approved items are already written in.

From what I have gathered, every examiner is different. Some will accept without a schedule A and some will reject it. I don't really think its been standardized.
    Last edited by davidjinks; 11-13-11 at 07:59. Reason: Spelling