Thread: Crosse Creek 'Outlaw' 3-Gun Match in Fayetteville, NC!!!

Feedback Score

Lightbulb Crosse Creek 'Outlaw' 3-Gun Match in Fayetteville, NC!!!

Gents,

Just wanted to spread the word: Crosse Creek Rifle and Pistol Club in Fayetteville, NC is running a monthly 3-Gun match on the 3rd Sunday of the month.

Next match is this Sunday, 20 November. Matches are normally 4 stages with one shooting out to 300yds. Registration starts at 10am, safety brief and first rounds are around 11am. Rounds count is roughly 50 rounds per weapon and 5 shotgun slugs.

Feel free to check us out and all our match video's by "Like'ing" us @ Facebook/Crosse Creek 'Outlaw' 3-Gun.

Or go to www.crossecreekrifleandpistolclub.com to find out more.

Feel free to drop me a line if you have any questions! Thanks again and hope to see you at the range!

-Zef M.

Feedback Score

Question 3-Gun 101: What do I need to start shooting 3-gun?

I posted this on FB (Facebook/crosse creek 'outlaw' 3-Gun) after I got a couple of questions about getting started in 3-gun, hope it helps!

Question: What do I need to get started shooting in 3-gun?

The easy answer: a pistol, a rifle and a shotgun. The hard answer: the specifics.

Pistol, any modern duty pistol will work. Best options, Glock, S&W M&P or Springfield XD.* A person does not need to buy a tier 1 pistol to get into the sport. 9mm is the easiest to learn and the cheapest to start out shooting.

Rifle, an AR-15 from a reputable company in 5.56/.223.* There are tons of modifications you can do to the weapon, from muzzle breaks that cut split times, free float forearms to brace up against barriers, match single-stage triggers, and endless versions of 1-4x power scopes to pick up targets. There are more options for this weapon than one can imagine. The best idea, shoot a couple of matches, ask others what they are using, and find out what works. And then budget for it.

Shotgun, any 12ga pump can get one into the sport.* Remington 870, Benelli Nova, or other reputable pump shotgun are good starter guns. The trick about shotguns is feeding them, you can learn that skill with any of these. Semi-automatic shotguns are fun and fast, but expensive!* Same thing goes with them, some work great, some do not. Look, listen, and ask and one will find out which is the best buy for them.

Last and not least KIT.* One word: Kydex.* Find a holster for your pistol, a double pistol magazine pouch, an AR-15 magazine pouch, and a bag to hold shotgun shells. I used a dump-pouch before I picked up a couple of shotgun caddies. Caddies are great, but expensive, they put 3, 4, or 6 shotgun shells in your hand in seconds. The only problem, as soon as you get one, you are going to want more!

Finally, 3-Gun is a test of Skill, so remember to have fun!* Focus on the basics, shoot as much as you can and you will see the benefits as your skills improve.* Not everyone can be on "3-Gun Nation" their first year shooting.* Don't stress about a bad stage or match. Find your targets, learn how to shoot, and remember it's only a game.

Feedback Score

Exclamation No Match this month (December)

FYI: There will not be a 3-Gun match this month.

Hope to see you all next month!

-Zef M.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Just shot their 3-gun match for the first time. Very well run and it was fun. They always have an obstacle to challenge you. I would recommend this to anyone around ft Bragg.