Quote Originally Posted by Jason Falla View Post
The mechanical offset is negligible really. This is something that needs to be embedded into your mind for every shot. Never think that you only have to apply a hold over just for a technical low percentage hostage option. If you do that you will never remember to include it. But if you always shoot with a hold over, you will naturally incorporate it in every shot. On an 8 inch circle, I will always aim to the high 1/3 even though I know the round will land inside if I aim center.

On our CT team we had to shoot at one time, HKMP5s with a high mounted Aimpoint on an HK high mount! The height of the sight over the barrel was about 5 inches! We would include a hold every time. So you get used to it!

Let me know how it goes for you!
@Jason Falla

I am more concerned with stability when seated or prone, and precision/accuracy/recoil control/etc. with a high mount like that. I am eyeing the KAC 2.33" RB1 mount, and realize this thread is old, but the topic fits and I'd rather not start another thread.

I can understand the benefits of the mount while running and gunning, but for seated or prone, how much is sacrificed?