Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Lubrication of carry 1911--what say y'all?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    FP10 on all of them.

Sent from my iPhone Turbo S using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Militec Grease on the hammer/sear sides, gun butter on the slide rails.

Feedback Score
    Previously used TW25B and MC2500 with excellent results.
    Currently using Weapon Shield CLP and Weapon Shield Grease exclusively.I find that the Weapon Shield Grease has a bit heavier consistency compared to TW25B,which seems to keep the pistols lubed longer,particularly in heavy range use.
    Otherwise the Weapon Shield CLP does a excellent job for all my other needs.
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Armed Protective Services II

Feedback Score

My CCW 1911s and Glock22 Lube of choice

I use Miltec-1 Grease on the rails and barrel lugs and barrel where it mates with the bushing and a light coat of Miltec-1 oil on everything else. I have been very impressed on how well Miltec-1 keeps everything working properly. I not only use it on my CCW weapons but also pretty much anything that needs to lubed like Knives, tools and other non-firearms stuff it just works. I was introduced to Miltec-1 by a Gunny friend of mine that had just returned from his 3 tour over in the sandbox and told me that it worked GREAT in the sand. That was good enough for me!

FYI to all Active Duty getting ready for Deployment if you contact Miltec-1 they will send you Grease and Oil for you and your unit free of Charge! Family members of Active Duty Personnel can make a request for their loved ones on active duty and they will send it to you home/base/Overseas. Great thing that Miltec is doing for military.
    Last edited by af22raptor; 03-25-12 at 01:53.
    Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum.
    |SA Custom Shop 1911-A1 Loaded,(MEU SOC) Mil-Spec|Sig 1911 TacOps&1911 22LR|XDM9 5.25|Glock 22&19|HK USP 45 Comp & USC 45ACP|Ruger KP97, 3 10/22, Mini-30lTaurus PT92AFD & PT-140lColt King Cobra 4inchlBushmaster Magpul CAR-15, Spikes Tactical Lower/Colt 16” HBAR 7.62x39 Tactical, Spikes Tactical/Custom 24” Bull Barrel Sniperl Mossberg Custom 590A1, 500 Blackwater Breacher, 500 Persuader, 24” Slug Gunl
    US Navy Disabled Veteran, NRA Member, Conceal Weapon Permit Holder

Feedback Score
    TW25B on areas of heavy metal-on-metal reciprocation-slide/receiver rails, inner portion of bushing, barrel exterior areas, slide stop/release axle, inner link pin; Weapon Shield as a general lube for all other areas.

Best, Jon

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910