Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Any other SA TRP owners in here? Post up some pics!

Feedback Score
    I love my Armory Coat TRP. Got it for under a $1000 when a gun shop in Columbus was running a special and it's so good I almost couldn't justify getting a Professional Model, but if you're a lover of the 1911 then you know we can always justify buying another even if it's just like one we already have.

Feedback Score
    traded my trp operator and a usp for a pro. with the added weight of the railed frame, bull barrel, and stout recoil spring it, to me, was an easier shooter than a 9mm. soft recoil impulse and very accurate. fit very well but the pro is definitely fit and finished better. i also did not warm up to the adjustable night sights, did not like the profile for a carry gun plus they do not have armory kote applied and would rust. one day i would like to get another trp operator but it probably would have to be special ordered with standard novak sights.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary1911A1 View Post
    I love my Armory Coat TRP. Got it for under a $1000 when a gun shop in Columbus was running a special and it's so good I almost couldn't justify getting a Professional Model, but if you're a lover of the 1911 then you know we can always justify buying another even if it's just like one we already have.
    That is an awesome deal! I wish I could run across stuff like that around NC. I am looking for a Champion Operator now or an EMP to carry in place of my TRP and am just waiting for a good deal.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerD View Post
    That is an awesome deal! I wish I could run across stuff like that around NC. I am looking for a Champion Operator now or an EMP to carry in place of my TRP and am just waiting for a good deal.

Oh man, I do not know how you could sell the TRP, I can't even imagine that lol.

I'll tell you what though, an EMP is definitely on my "buy" list. Someday. or maybe a SA micro .45.

Were you looking at the 9mm emp or the 40 ?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pro_built7 View Post
    Oh man, I do not know how you could sell the TRP, I can't even imagine that lol.

I'll tell you what though, an EMP is definitely on my "buy" list. Someday. or maybe a SA micro .45.

Were you looking at the 9mm emp or the 40 ?
    OHHHHHH NOOOOO SIR! Negative on selling the TRP. I won't part with it at all. I just want to add another 1911 to carry in its place. I wiped a lot of ass as a CNA to pay for it! hahahaha.. It's the nicest thing I own and I'd like to have something to carry that I don't mind beating up just a little. So I was looking at the EMP or the LW Champion Operator. I found an EMP used at a local dealer for $900 but its been there for a couple months. I may be able to get it cheaper. But I like the Champion Operator. I like the idea of carrying a .45

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerD View Post
    OHHHHHH NOOOOO SIR! Negative on selling the TRP. I won't part with it at all. I just want to add another 1911 to carry in its place. I wiped a lot of ass as a CNA to pay for it! hahahaha.. It's the nicest thing I own and I'd like to have something to carry that I don't mind beating up just a little. So I was looking at the EMP or the LW Champion Operator. I found an EMP used at a local dealer for $900 but its been there for a couple months. I may be able to get it cheaper. But I like the Champion Operator. I like the idea of carrying a .45
    I know what you mean, dude that is so hilarious. That is EXACTLY how I paid for my TRP. small world.

I wish springfield would come out with a .45 EMP, I know it defeats the purpose of why the gun was designed, but to have that small of a .45 with the fit/finish of an EMP would be awesome.

I know they have the micro .45 but I don't believe it fit/finished like the emp.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pro_built7 View Post
    I know what you mean, dude that is so hilarious. That is EXACTLY how I paid for my TRP. small world.

I wish springfield would come out with a .45 EMP, I know it defeats the purpose of why the gun was designed, but to have that small of a .45 with the fit/finish of an EMP would be awesome.

I know they have the micro .45 but I don't believe it fit/finished like the emp.
    Very true. The LW Champion I had before my TRP was fit by the drunken gunsmith at SA. I shot a TRP before I purchased the other and thought the Champion would be similar..... Needless to say it wasn't. I think the Champion Operators are a little better put together than just the LW Champion so thats why I looked at those
    Funny though that we were doing the same things to get these guns. Call it what you will... It was worth every ass wiped.

Feedback Score

sadly i had to sell these when things got tight but the TRP was an awesome pistol. the milspec shot very well too but not in the same class

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PieceKeeper View Post
    I don't much see the need for adjustable sights on a pistol that I'm not going to use in competition...nor a bull barrel. I switched out the rear sights to Harrison's (thank you for filling a void, sir).

Last of all, it's the price of a new AR. Of course it's a 1911 but I'd rather have a custom GI or a non-railed Pro that I'd actually use than this unfortunate safe queen. I keep it because it's "rare"-ish. I'm sure I'll eventually sell it to fund another project. Put the money into something a little more practical.
    I've beat the snot out of mine. I've even taken it swimming which is as much of a testament to my swimming ability than anything else. She's an anchor.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    I had a TRP Operator that was one of the most accurate pistols I have ever touched, soft recoil, and felt great with gloves on. I wound up selling it to one of my best friends to fund another 1911 project that I also wound up selling. My TRP was the least ammo-finicky of any 1911 I have owned. If I could have any 1911 back in my safe (I am down from 5 to 0) it would probably be it after some work.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast