Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 700 SPS vs 700 LTR?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've had the SPS and currently have the LTR. Difference is the stock, fluting and the finish. I got a real good deal on my LTR and that's why I picked it up over another SPS.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Stock, as some have pointed out is the biggest difference. I love the LTR but hate the design of the stock. I love HS but that model on the LTR sucks. I have a 700 VS take off stock on my SPS-T. It is the PSV002 if I'm not mistaken. I just about had an LTR without stock for $550 and should have jumped on it.
    If you get the SPS-T you can easily pick up a stock of your choice. There are always HS, McMillan, B&C and many other "used" stocks that are a drop in fit. Plus for the used stocks they are a heck of alot cheaper then new and most are imaculate since some people upgrade stocks upon purchase. If you like the 5R stock with palm swell they are always available.
    I digitally inserted Jaba the Hutt into the original Star Wars-Eric Cartman

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C-grunt View Post
    I've had the SPS and currently have the LTR. Difference is the stock, fluting and the finish. I got a real good deal on my LTR and that's why I picked it up over another SPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by sgtbutt View Post
    Stock, as some have pointed out is the biggest difference. I love the LTR but hate the design of the stock. I love HS but that model on the LTR sucks. I have a 700 VS take off stock on my SPS-T. It is the PSV002 if I'm not mistaken. I just about had an LTR without stock for $550 and should have jumped on it.
    If you get the SPS-T you can easily pick up a stock of your choice. There are always HS, McMillan, B&C and many other "used" stocks that are a drop in fit. Plus for the used stocks they are a heck of alot cheaper then new and most are imaculate since some people upgrade stocks upon purchase. If you like the 5R stock with palm swell they are always available.
    Thanks
    Thats what I was hoping but just wanted to be sure while I had a chance to decide.

JP

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Yep, get the SPS and upgrade the stock. You could buy one hell of a stock for 4 or 5 hundo! Your in range of a McMillian at 5.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Yep, get the SPS and upgrade the stock. You could buy one hell of a stock for 4 or 5 hundo! Your in range of a McMillian at 5.
    I think I'll go with the SPS AAC with the threaded barrel. A good stock (HS, Manners), SWFA SSHD10X42MQ glass, and some other bits like bolt knob, bipod etc.

JP

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    If you get the threaded barrel, you might consider getting a AAC brakeout, even if you have no plans on getting the can. It does really take the bite out of the light kickin 308. 308 isnt bad, but it reduces it and after 50 rounds and reductionin kick is always nice.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I'm surprised that nobody mention the difference in twist. The LTR has 1 in 12" and the SPS Tac has the 1 in 10" twist.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I didnt realize how much the take-off stocks were until I bought my SPS Tac. Next two purchases I plan on getting for my rifle is a HS Precision PSV081 and a thread mount TBAC 30P-1, probably take another 2 inches off when I get it threaded as well.
    Last edited by Turnkey11; 11-16-11 at 09:40.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ColdDeadHands View Post
    I'm surprised that nobody mention the difference in twist. The LTR has 1 in 12" and the SPS Tac has the 1 in 10" twist.
    My SPS has the 1/12. It's not the AAC version though... just the plain SPS Tactical.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    My SPS has the 1/12. It's not the AAC version though... just the plain SPS Tactical.
    I see, thanks for the clarification. I thought they both had the 1/10...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast