Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Afghan Army goes to M-16s

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rmdugan84 View Post
    You would have to be literally retarded to not be able to maintain a functioning AR . I don't by that crap about AK's being more reliable either. It's like saying a Glock is more reliable than an HK USP, You'd be hard pressed to make either fail if you take care of them properly.

No, not retarded, just lazy and/or undiciplined. And "...if you take care of them properly" is the epitome of the reason that AK's are better suited to many (but not all) of those that use them.
    "Facit Omina Voluntas = The Will Decides" - Army Chief

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    The only thing more pointless and boring than a "this gun versus that gun" debate is a "this caliber versus that caliber" debate.

M_P

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by modern_pirate View Post
    The only thing more pointless and boring than a "this gun versus that gun" debate is a "this caliber versus that caliber" debate.

M_P
    Sorry to bore you, however the context of the discussion is fine as long as one sticks to facts and not emotions. That is not a reference to Rusted Ace, I just mean in general. This discussion is boring to you because you have seen it many times, as have I. However, there are many out there reading this that are not members here or are new and interested to hear how one might compare to the other.

And it is interesting to know that the Afghan army is buying M-16's, IMHO. It's a sign of them becoming more civilized.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Pointless?

Quote Originally Posted by modern_pirate View Post

M_P
    Naw, this is simple: US hegemony means US small arms in vassal states.

More profit for Ike's military/industrial(/banking) complex. You don't really believe A-stan paid cash, do you? Unless it came from us.gov (who sold Treasury debt to finance it.)

If lumpy is right, the goats may turn out to be more valuable than the dollar.

"The very purpose of a Bill of Rights was to withdraw certain subjects from the vicissitudes of political controversy, to place them beyond the reach of majorities and officials and to establish them as legal principles to be applied by the courts." Justice Robert Jackson, WV St. Board of Education v. Barnette, 319 U.S. 624 (1943)

"I don’t care how many pull ups and sit ups you can do. I care that you can move yourself across the ground with a fighting load and engage the enemy." Max Velocity

Feedback Score
    Thats just great. Another reason why the price on 5.56/223 ammo will never come down.

Feedback Score
    I do believe that means they associate the M16/M4 with winners, and they want to be winners.

I think this is a good sign about the attitude in A-stan and Iraq. I do believe victory is ours to piss away.
    They had no right to win. Yet they did, and in doing so they changed the course of a war...even against the greatest of odds, there is something in the human spirit - a magic blend of skill, faith and valor - that can lift men from certain defeat to incredible victory.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dport View Post
    I do believe that... they want to be winners.
    Winners, huh?

"I believe for every drop of rain that falls, a flower grows...." (The proper response to, "Sing it, MIDN Submariner. You don't rate believing, mister!")

Didn't Osama Jo Mama state that one of his goals was to bankrupt the U.S. much as the muj in A-stan helped bankrupt the Soviet Union?

Look closely at the chart above and tell me with a straight face that this goal is not being accomplished.
    Last edited by Submariner; 11-27-07 at 21:09. Reason: Expand comment.
    "The very purpose of a Bill of Rights was to withdraw certain subjects from the vicissitudes of political controversy, to place them beyond the reach of majorities and officials and to establish them as legal principles to be applied by the courts." Justice Robert Jackson, WV St. Board of Education v. Barnette, 319 U.S. 624 (1943)

"I don’t care how many pull ups and sit ups you can do. I care that you can move yourself across the ground with a fighting load and engage the enemy." Max Velocity

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
    Winners, huh?

Didn't Osama Jo Mama state that one of his goals was to bankrupt the U.S. much as the muj in A-stan helped bankrupt the Soviet Union?

Look closely at the chart above and tell me with a straight face that this goal is not being accomplished.
    Oh dear Lord.

I hear the same cries of the end of times every time we are threatened by a recession. It's important to realize that economics follow cycles. Down trends are always followed by up trends.
    They had no right to win. Yet they did, and in doing so they changed the course of a war...even against the greatest of odds, there is something in the human spirit - a magic blend of skill, faith and valor - that can lift men from certain defeat to incredible victory.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dport View Post

Down trends are always followed by up trends.

Yes, usually. But that is not a given and we should take nothing for granted. There is some serious economic shit going on in this country right now. Massive credit woes, housing prices declining, foreclosures soaring, loans becoming too difficult to get, gas at all time highs...

Don't be complacent or overconfident, as it could lead to a lack of preparedness.

Is this thread going way off base?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Safetyhit View Post
    Yes, usually. But that is not a given and we should take nothing for granted. There is some serious economic shit going on in this country right now. Massive credit woes, housing prices declining, foreclosures soaring, loans becoming too difficult to get, gas at all time highs...

Don't be complacent or overconfident, as it could lead to a lack of preparedness.

Is this thread going way off base?
    Yes it is.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast